5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed With UConnect - Uconnect 4 with 8.4" screen will NOT remember last media source at shut off.

tech97elec

Reaction score
Hey folks - I know there are a few topics in here on this and I am hoping (sadly) to put this to bed for all of us that are irritated by this lack of feature.

Summary/Scenario:
  1. You have a vehicle equipped with the UConnect 4 series unit, 8.4" screen.
  2. You prefer to connect for media (music, etc) from sources like either Bluetooth to your mobile device, or even a USB source like an external hard drive.
  3. You select one of the above options after tripping through a few menu steps while the vehicle power is on and enjoy as you normally would.
  4. You turn off the vehicle
  5. You turn the vehicle back on and it has defaulted to Radio (and even some have reported Sirius/XM).
The inconvenience is having to go back and trip through menu choices every single time you stop and turn off the vehicle and back on.

In my case, I use both and its even worse with a USB hard drive because the song (file) will start over with each time....and its intermittent on whether or not it will "remember" you were on USB or not.

After chasing this for over two months with UConnect, I finally got someone who read my case with attention and responded directly to my query (see attached).

I am hoping this post A) gets stickied and B) catches the attention of potential buyers. I am serious when I say...had I'd known this prior to buying this truck, It would have deterred me. Maybe the newer series and other larger units do this feature but it is shocking that they cannot (and will not) do a software upgrade to improve this.

View attachment 146587
U Connect 5 with latest 26.17 firmware is the same. VERY frustrating for such a "normal" function of any head unit

Sernas7

Reaction score
If someone has the 2020 8.4 Uconnect update non -nav, I would very much like it so that I can update my radio. I have two issues, the media playback doesn't remember last setting, and random static, almost like blown speakers. The static clears up on its own sometimes. I'd like to fish whatever the most current build is. Thank you

kernelhappy

Reaction score
I've noticed that switching keys changes what audio source and if I remember correctly selecting a different seat preset changes the audio source.

Someone having the source issue should test if setting their seat memory change the source at startup.

I can't test it because I'm in the middle of taking an OTA update.

Edit: mine just updated to 22.32.10

I am a 2019 Laramie, 8.4, nav, memory seats, no Sirius guardian.

I do not have a problem with it remembering the source, although it has never remembered the selected visual theme

tech97elec

Reaction score
If someone has the 2020 8.4 Uconnect update non -nav, I would very much like it so that I can update my radio. I have two issues, the media playback doesn't remember last setting, and random static, almost like blown speakers. The static clears up on its own sometimes. I'd like to fish whatever the most current build is. Thank you
Not sure if it will be same results, but w my unconnect 12 inch, i found that under device settings, your phone, make sure its set for FAVORITE 1 and has the star illuminated.

ffyntik

Reaction score
ive had 2018 ram with nav and it remembered last settings,
now i have 2019 w/o nav and it always starts with satellite radio( it still has subscription)
i wish it could start with bluetooth first

Users who are viewing this thread