5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmation: easy swap to B2 muffler

Ccm12

Reaction score
Bought the truck with a muffler delete and though it has some growl there is a great bit of drone. Looking to replace it with a B2 fabrication setup. In looking under the truck it appears my installation would require zero cutting but wanted a second opinion from someone more experienced. Unless they messed up the measurements when cutting for the delete it appears I would just unbolt and unclamp and rebolt and clamp?

Attachments

• A1363917-6268-4063-9B7D-F603F2B17E75.jpeg
    A1363917-6268-4063-9B7D-F603F2B17E75.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 6DE007EC-1CAA-4903-9ABA-6969C4932B5C.jpeg
    6DE007EC-1CAA-4903-9ABA-6969C4932B5C.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

GaryT

Reaction score
Youre right, unless the length between the B2 pipe and the cut in yours is different it should be a bolt in swap.

tharveywilson

Reaction score
Doing my B2 swap next week! Will post results. Adding "cold air" makes a noticeable difference in sound and kick. I think the B2 kit will be just right. A little worried about drone, but do not do that much highway cruising....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Which B2 version are you installing? I have the oval muffler, or what used to be the Magnaflow version. It isn't much louder than stock at idle, but wakes up nicely when you step on the gas. I haven't noticed any drone at any speed. It's perfect for my use because I wanted something I could hear while driving but I didn't want to **** off my neighbors LOL.

Ccm12

Reaction score
I head back from B2 in case others are looking to replace a setup that alread required cutting. The B2 pipe measures 39" total length, with about 1 1/2" expanded at the end for the factory tube to slide into.

Dadamets

Reaction score
Just ordered the Muffler delete. I hope the Drone is not too bad since the resonators are staying. Found that ordering through B2 Fabrication is the best place as they have free shipping and found this 10% off code on the Facebook page B2Save10 .

ChimneyJim

Reaction score
Just ordered the Muffler delete. I hope the Drone is not too bad since the resonators are staying. Found that ordering through B2 Fabrication is the best place as they have free shipping and found this 10% off code on the Facebook page B2Save10 .
Thanks for the code

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone here swapped to the b2 “moderate”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is on the way. B2 has a few videos on their website showing the sound start up/rev etc.

Yeah I saw those. Was curious what someone’s personal before and after experience was. Would love to know your thoughts once it’s installed.

Bassinb

Reaction score
Yeah I saw those. Was curious what someone’s personal before and after experience was. Would love to know your thoughts once it’s installed.

I will let ya know. Probably end of next week when I get a chance to put it on (y)

Dadamets

Reaction score
All I can say is shipping is quick. I ordered yesterday around 11am et. Delivered just now. I am in Central Ohio.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone here swapped to the b2 “moderate”?

Yes, I have. That's the version with the oval muffler. They used to use Magnaflow mufflers for that version, but now they produce their own muffler for it. Scroll up to my post from earlier in the week.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I have. That's the version with the oval muffler. They used to use Magnaflow mufflers for that version, but now they produce their own muffler for it. Scroll up to my post from earlier in the week.

When constant speed how’s the sound? I’m less concerned about the neighbors, more concerned with the wife harping over it lol

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When constant speed how’s the sound? I’m less concerned about the neighbors, more concerned with the wife harping over it lol

It's not an issue. No problems having a conversation or listening to the radio at low volume.

Bassinb

Reaction score

Installed it yesterday. Used copper permatex RTV to seal the connection and plugged the resonator weep holes with JB weld. Have driven about 100 miles. It is definitely a deeper tone and has more of a rumble than the stock setup at idle. At all throttle levels it is ~30% louder (in my ear estimation). VERY mild though, no issue at all talking on the phone or speaking with anyone inside the cab. As point of reference, I had a 5" straight pipe/efi live Duramax previous to this.

Code2medic

Reaction score

Ear plugs and and turn the music up and you won’t hear harping 😂

Users who are viewing this thread