5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirm part number for Bighorn steering wheel?

rsachek

Reaction score
Even though my 2020 Ram Bighorn has less than 30k miles, the steering wheel is pretty trashed. The leather has gotten real shiny and there's numerous cuts, scrapes, and stains. That's partly my fault from working construction, but now that I'm not going to be working in the field as much anymore, I'd like to replace the wheel. Can anyone confirm that 6XS052X7AA is the correct part number for a plain black, non-heated leather steering wheel??

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That looks right.
You just swap all the trim and guts over. Hardest part is getting the right tool to shove in the sides to release the springs to remove the airbag.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
www.car-part.com is your friend in this situation.
Calling the dealership and giving them your vin is the best bet in this situation.
Should only take 30 seconds for them to find the correct part number, esp if you already know the name on the website to confirm it against.

I did this for wheel trim parts and it worked 100%.

rsachek

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Even when giving my VIN number, there's still two wheels available. One is about $35 more expensive than the other. Going by logic and the few photos that exist like on eBay, I believe the more expensive wheel is the heated version. Anyway, I placed my order and will update this thread when it arrives. Part was totally unavailable during the UAW strike and is still special order, so could take a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread