5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Dark Mode

hoppy

Reaction score
I go to dark sites to set up my equipment for astrophotography. It takes a while for eyes to become dark adapted and it's really frustrating to open a truck door and a bunch of lights come on. Is there any way to have a complete dark mode so that no lights, interior or exterior, come on when a door or rambox gets opened? I just haven't been able to find anything on the subject. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I go to dark sites to set up my equipment for astrophotography. It takes a while for eyes to become dark adapted and it's really frustrating to open a truck door and a bunch of lights come on. Is there any way to have a complete dark mode so that no lights, interior or exterior, come on when a door or rambox gets opened? I just haven't been able to find anything on the subject. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited.
Only way I can think of is to install a battery kill switch, something similar to what I have on my boat....

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as I know, only the interior entry/exit lights (including the mirror lights) can be tuned off with the dome defeat light in the overhead console. I don't know of a way to defeat the exterior lights.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a "police mode" option in alfaOBD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online