5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compensation for new truck being in the shop?

Limited2021

Reaction score
So today makes 9 days that my truck has been in the shop. I have not even had it a month yet and it has about 1200 miles on it. I have a feeling that my issue with the battery being dead is not going to be resolved anytime soon so I guess I would like to get out in front of this a little bit. How long would you guys wait till you would want some sort of compensation for truck being in the shop? Who would you contact or have handle it? What would you even ask for?

BNeal

Reaction score
My guess is, the best you can do is ask for a loaner vehicle. I doubt you stand any chance of getting any kind of compensation other than that. But I guess is never hurts to try.

datammwv13

Reaction score
What do they say the issue is?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Limited2021

Reaction score
What do they say the issue is?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

The battery goes dead over night randomly. They have no idea why or what's causing it. Right now it feels like they are just throwing random parts at it just to say they are doing something. June 30 will be 20 days in the shop and if it goes that long I might just start the lemon law process. Not sure what I want to do.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We just lemon lawed (last winter-this spring) the wife's new kia seltos lease. Transmission went out and took them 59 days to replace it. Contacted a lemon law lawyer and they took care of everything at no cost to us. We were offered a settlement (keep the car) or pay back all our payments and we get out of the lease. We took the buyout. Got a decent check in the mail, and she's now in a Jeep Cherokee. Lemon law is probably your only avenue, once the number of days are met.

datammwv13

Reaction score
I had a black longhorn limited with same issue. Was generator. Was an etorqe. Part was on national backorder. Truck was sitting at dealership 2months. Part never showed. Selling dealership out of state, traded me out for another new.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Limited2021

Reaction score
I had a black longhorn limited with same issue. Was generator. Was an etorqe. Part was on national backorder. Truck was sitting at dealership 2months. Part never showed. Selling dealership out of state, traded me out for another new.

I wonder how they found out that it was the Etorque cuz my service department has no clue after 9 days of what is wrong with it.

datammwv13

Reaction score
The generator, which sits on top of engine (in place of alternator on etorqe) when removed some connector cover could see something spinning that wasn't supposed to be. My 2nd servicing dealership found and did video call with STAR tech and determined generator was problem. Mine had been into another dealership 3 times prior to this dealership finding problem. Some morning even a jump would start but when disconnected cables truck would die. Sometimes even had to be towed. If want to talk more shoot me an email. [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread