5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compass not working??

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn Ecodiesel. The compass on the dashboard stopped working after a couple of months after buying the truck. Follow the above advice of holding the power button and tune button at the same time fixed the problem.

Just noticed compass isn’t working. Did some searching, not finding anything. I don’t know how long it’s been like this just saw it for about a week now. Says acquiring signal.....

I had a this issue last year with my 8.4 Nav. At first the compass was off and then I noticed my location being off by about 200 miles on the native nav map. After trying to figure what was going on I also noticed my Wifi wasn’t working either. So, I took it to the dealer and they could not fix the issue and they even worked with an FCA engineer to help troubleshoot to no avail. They ordered a new head unit which eventually arrived a few months later due to some sort of backlog. Everything is working fine now with the new head unit so far... funny enough, I got on the forum to research a message I received on the head unit of a new software update which was going to take about 45 minutes to install and then I came across this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I experienced the same thing … compass 180 degrees off and GPS was way off. Took my truck to dealer and they discovered I was behind on two Uconnect updates. They warned that sometimes when attempting to update more than the most recent updates, the radio will freeze and must be replaced. Sure enough, this is what happened when they ran the updates and I have to spend over $1k for a new head unit. This is the first thing about my Ram that disappoints. If these updates are so crucial, Ram should post or notify when updates are available, but they do not. So I guess owners just have to check for them on a regular basis. This is extremely poor customer support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back