5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparing stock Rebel my lifted one

jamesfg

Reaction score
Which strut is which?
Rebel on left. See the circlip is up way higher than the Laramie on the right? That circlip position is where the bottom of the spring perch snuggles up to. That right thar is your 1" on a Rebel or off road package. I spent a good hour and a half crawling under new Ram trucks at my buddy's dealership getting measurements and figured it out.

I smarter than the average bear.
20181006_084445.jpg

clazer

Reaction score
You did it right. You did all your homework and it paid off. Truck looks amazing. I can't wait to lift mine, but have to figure out how big I'll go since I messed up and got the 3.21s so 35s are probably a no go. I was just stating my reasoning for not going with the Readylift kit.

Honestly, the 3.92’s and 33’s on mine are fun but over-geared. If you aren’t drag racing or rock crawling, I’d think the 3.21’s would be fine. The Hemi has plenty of grunt, and the lower numerical gears would help on highway cruising.

Aaand big fan of the pics in the first post- looking awesome, James!

taff74

Reaction score
I went for the 2 inch ReadyLift kit IMG_2739.JPG with control arms for my Rebel. The ready lift control arms a much thicker and stronger than the standard Ram ones

Last edited:

taff74

Reaction score
I swapped the badge out for the Mopar black version part no 68298470AA

Users who are viewing this thread