5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparing stock Rebel my lifted one

jamesfg

Reaction score
I was told by "Ready Lift" anything more than a 2.0 level would cause stress to the CV axles.
With the 6" it drops the front diff down with relocated brackets to keep the cv's in line. I put this lift in, I didnt drop it off and pay someone to do it, so I'm speaking from experience. The relocated diff on the 6" lift kept the axles same as stock. I'm not worried.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the 6" it drops the front diff down with relocated brackets to keep the cv's in line. I put this lift in, I didnt drop it off and pay someone to do it, so I'm speaking from experience. The relocated diff on the 6" lift kept the axles same as stock. I'm not worried.
Ahhh gotcha I was thinking that was a 3.5 inch since you didnt specify haha my bad.. I assumed wrong. How is the ride quality? Are you planning on offroading?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by "Ready Lift" anything more than a 2.0 level would cause stress to the CV axles.

Odd they tell you that but sell a 3.5 inch kit. But that's why I only went with a level for now. I will do a proper lift in the future.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Odd they tell you that but sell a 3.5 inch kit. But that's why I only went with a level for now. I will do a proper lift in the future.
Just for the rebel to be specific, sorry. Due to the rebel already being lifted 1 inch in the front they said it would stress the CV axles, causing then to break in offroad situations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180905-150059_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180905-150059_Instagram.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 71

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just for the rebel to be specific, sorry. Due to the rebel already being lifted 1 inch in the front they said it would stress the CV axles, causing then to break in offroad situations.
Yeah but the 3.5" still makes it a .5" higher than a Rebel with a 2" leveling kit.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah but the 3.5" still makes it a .5" higher than a Rebel with a 2" leveling kit.
The 3.5 leveling kit would have a 4.5 lift (compared to a non rebel/OR Package)due to the spacers. The lift is achieved by the strut. 3.5+1=4.5

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 3.5 leveling kit would have a 4.5 lift (compared to a non rebel/OR Package)due to the spacers. The lift is achieved by the strut. 3.5+1=4.5
I should have specified. The 3.5" on a non Rebel or offroad package would be higher than a 2" leveled Rebel. They are saying anything over 2" can be bad on a Rebel. That would equal 3" of lift over a non Rebel stock Ram.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have specified. The 3.5" on a non Rebel or offroad package would be higher than a 2" leveled Rebel. They are saying anything over 2" can be bad on a Rebel. That would equal 3" of lift over a non Rebel stock Ram.
Oh yes agreed. I initially wanted to install the 2018 ram motofab 2.5 spacer and the ready lift arms but at the time they didnt sell just the arms. It would have been the same as their 3.5 kit they sell for non rebels.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Rides just a tid bit stiffer but definitely smoother than the 2500 or Tundra I had lifted. Oh I'm gonna off road the truck, use it to go shooting and take our quads out.

jamesfg

Reaction score

I saw those warnings...i spent a good 10 days figuring out the difference between a Rebel and a regular 1500. After I compiled all my info, I un-Rebeled the Rebel front suspension so it's exactly the same as any "normal" '19 1500 4x4. I'm not as dumb as I appear.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw those warnings...i spent a good 10 days figuring out the difference between a Rebel and a regular 1500. After I compiled all my info, I un-Rebeled the Rebel front suspension so it's exactly the same as any "normal" '19 1500 4x4. I'm not as dumb as I appear.
You did it right. You did all your homework and it paid off. Truck looks amazing. I can't wait to lift mine, but have to figure out how big I'll go since I messed up and got the 3.21s so 35s are probably a no go. I was just stating my reasoning for not going with the Readylift kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/