5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commands via Alexa

Christine74

Reaction score
Just picked up my new Limited. It has every bell and whistle. Does anyone know if there is a list of commands that work with the Alexa app? I'm using the Ram skill. I can lock/unlock. I can start and turn off the truck. I'm trying tonsee how much gas in the truck, but I get a message saying it's unavailable. Am I missing something? Or am I just a girl that can't figure this out?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my new Limited. It has every bell and whistle. Does anyone know if there is a list of commands that work with the Alexa app? I'm using the Ram skill. I can lock/unlock. I can start and turn off the truck. I'm trying tonsee how much gas in the truck, but I get a message saying it's unavailable. Am I missing something? Or am I just a girl that can't figure this out?
Nope, not missing anything. The Ram does not support fuel and tire pressure, just start and lock

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And of course you'll need to keep an active subscription to Sirius Guardian in order for any remote stuff to work other than from the Fob.

Christine74

Reaction score
Boo! I figured it would do that if the grand Cherokee does it. Think it could be part of an upgrade or is it physically incapable. I paid for the uconnect service in my older Ram. But only when I locked my keys in the car. How much is the sirius guardian subscription?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boo! I figured it would do that if the grand Cherokee does it. Think it could be part of an upgrade or is it physically incapable. I paid for the uconnect service in my older Ram. But only when I locked my keys in the car. How much is the sirius guardian subscription?
I don't think it will be in an upgrade. My '15 with the 8.4" screen used the Alexa app and had the same limitations.
You should have a free year of Guardian with your new truck, after that it's pretty expensive, like $24/month but there are reports of folks getting it for half that through negotiating when they call to cancel.

Users who are viewing this thread