5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming off of trial of Uconnect services.

maxweenus

Reaction score
I have no intention of paying for the ATT wifi, what am I losing with not using the assistance package? Just the ability to remote lock my truck. Seems like all of the other features, Alexa et al require the wifi.
Preposterous that want that much money for that functionality which should be included in a 70k+ truck. $270/year for remote start? Do I have this correct?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can still lock and start with the key fob. Losing the (expensive) internet connection and smart phone stuff. I don't plan to renew mine either, not sure if I even fully enabled it. And don't care, I never use it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no intention of paying for the ATT wifi, what am I losing with not using the assistance package? Just the ability to remote lock my truck. Seems like all of the other features, Alexa et al require the wifi.
Preposterous that want that much money for that functionality which should be included in a 70k+ truck. $270/year for remote start? Do I have this correct?
Any options the app gives you. Lock/unlock doors, remote start, vehicle tracking, vehicle health reports....still not worth what they want to charge. Especially when using the app to do anything, the delay is rediculous. At least 30 seconds for remote start, or locking/unlocking the doors after se sing command. The vehicle tracking was slow as well, and the few times I tried it, it took forever to finally get a location. And it was never real time tracking.

You can still use remote start from your keyfob.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fun side note, I never got vehicle health reports on my truck, even during my free trial period of connected services. When I updated my radio to most current software 39.9, I started getting the monthly vehicle health report sent to my email. Even though I never paid for connected services.

maxweenus

Reaction score
Thanks folks, thats what I expected. Remote start even on delay is nice but at 20/mo for wifi and 15 for Uconnect its certainly not work ~$400/year. That is until we get "Alexa - come pick me up at the bar"

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
My trial just ran out also. I like some of the features, but really...? $270/year on a $70k truck. Ludicrous... Should be included for a minimum of 5-7 years. Still, better than being forced to pay for 3 years at over 1k on the GMC.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
My trial expired in 2021. I was curious if app became better or if delay became more usable. So, I've paid $13 for 1 month of Remote package to give it another try.

No - absolutely no improvement comparing to 2017 when I first tried SiriusXM Guardian on my Dodge Charger. I don't know what they were doing for the last 5 years, but definitely not polishing the service or adding features.

Users who are viewing this thread