5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colormatching Chrome Bumpers

Bellpa

Reaction score
I bought my Laramie because I love the headlights, among the other options I got on my truck. I didn't want the price tag or headlights on the Limited, but I am liking the look of the color matched bumpers and chrome grill/trim. I don't want a full color matched sport version. So, I'm thinking about having my chrome bumpers color matched. Has anyone ever had chrome painted, and has it held up like factory finishes? I know powder coating holds up as I've done that on a couple motorcycles I've customized but wasn't sure they could do maximum steel in a powder coat. I've attached pics for reference. IMG_0839.jpg main7.jpg

cjfioren

Reaction score
Just took my laramie (ivory 3coat) to the dealer and ordered the bumpers and grille to be color matched. The are giving a lifetime guarantee and would not even consider painting the chrome. Total price of both bumpers, grill and also "rhino lining" my step bars, $2200. Hopefully will be done within a month.

Attachments

• 20181106_165158.jpg
    20181106_165158.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 36

TireSlayer

Reaction score
Paint does not adhere to chromed metal. No reputable paint shop will paint chrome bumpers. Your options are to buy bare bumpers and have them painted, find painted bumpers, or have them wrapped. The last is probably the most affordable option.

Users who are viewing this thread