5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color of Red

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I noticed that I ordered Delmonico Red Pearlcoat. The actual color listed on the sheet for it is Octane Red Pearlcoat. It is the Maroon color I was expecting but does anyone know the difference?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm that’s weird. Delmonico is what the Ram should use. Octane is a Dodge thing. Unless they’re the exact same color just different names. Dodge and Jeep do that.

dwalme

Reaction score
Isn't that what the Challenger uses?

Yes.

I owned Delmonico Red on a 2012 RAM and my buddy had octane red on his charger.

To me octane red looked better. A tad darker maybe?

It's possible they are the same and the trim accents threw off my brain.

Octane red is one of the best colors Stelantis has IMO.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I noticed that I ordered Delmonico Red Pearlcoat. The actual color listed on the sheet for it is Octane Red Pearlcoat. It is the Maroon color I was expecting but does anyone know the difference?
That is weird - my delmonico was ordered 3/31 and build sheet arrived today reading delmonico

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, weird. When I go to the Mopar website and sign in, choose my Ram (vs jeep) the vehicle equipment page, paint tab lists Octane. The Other Equipment tab that lists the build shows Delmonico.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Manufacturers do this all the time. My '87 Chevy Camaro is paint code 74, Dark Red Metallic. The '87 Pontiac, in the same color, is paint code 74, Flame Red Metallic. I have seen more documentation from GM calling it Flame Red than I see Dark Red. It's the same color, but most documentation from the parent company uses the corporate name, not the division name.

Users who are viewing this thread