5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color match mirrors

DO82

Reaction score
I thinking about buying some white color match power folding mirrors for $300. Should I pull the trigger, good deal? I currently have manual fold tow mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
300 is a pretty good deal for a set of power folding mirrors, but does your truck have the door modules and the switch for power folding? If not you’ll need those as well.
Also is that your truck as your profile pic? Not sure cuz it has the non tow mirrors :)

DO82

Reaction score
Haha no but exact truck “with tow mirrors”. I do not have the modular but they are like 50 bucks. I guess I would have to get my truck flashed for them to work.

DO82

Reaction score
300 is a pretty good deal for a set of power folding mirrors, but does your truck have the door modules and the switch for power folding? If not you’ll need those as well.
Also is that your truck as your profile pic? Not sure cuz it has the non tow mirrors :)

I just looked into some of the parts. Looks like it will cost me another 300 or so just make it work. Does that that sound right? 2 Modular’s and the switch? Then have the dealer program it.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just looked into some of the parts. Looks like it will cost me another 300 or so just make it work. Does that that sound right? 2 Modular’s and the switch? Then have the dealer program it.

Yes - you'll need the mirrors, door modules, the switch for the power-folding and then have the dealer flash the computer. Some dealers may do that part for free, others can charge $100 or more for that. If you just truly need power-folding, then I'd say do it. But if you're just wanting them just to have them, it's a pricey mod IMO.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Another option aside from dealerships is an AlphaOBD. I’m pretty sure it will add the programming for power folding, plus a lot more if you plan on adding other factory options in the future. Might save you some coin in the long run

Users who are viewing this thread