5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color code for interior metallic red trim

RichT

Reaction score
Has anybody discovered the color code for the metallic portions of the Rebel interior?

I know that someone had matched it previously, but when asked, never gave an immediate response and 'color', 'red' etc are too generic to meaningfully search for.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anybody discovered the color code for the metallic portions of the Rebel interior?

I know that someone had matched it previously, but when asked, never gave an immediate response and 'color', 'red' etc are too generic to meaningfully search for.

They classify it as Ruby Red but I never really looked for a paint code.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw some one say it was a Ferrari color... but Ferrari has a great number of reds in their pallet.

I think you're just going to need to get swatches of deep reds, and compare them to interior trim pieces. Probably will need to look at them in different lighting conditions too.

Alternatively, if a shop has some kind of hand held spectrophotometer that could pull a color value off the door panel, that could get you close. But you'll end up with variations on swatches to dial it in.

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
I saw some one say it was a Ferrari color... but Ferrari has a great number of reds in their pallet.

I think you're just going to need to get swatches of deep reds, and compare them to interior trim pieces. Probably will need to look at them in different lighting conditions too.

Alternatively, if a shop has some kind of hand held spectrophotometer that could pull a color value off the door panel, that could get you close. But you'll end up with variations on swatches to dial it in.
If you look through that thread, he posted a tag with the Ferrari paint code. Here you go:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's what he painted his exterior emblems with, that isn't the paint code for the interior color. It's a close match though.
Here is what I found online simple google search

go to page 8, "Dark Ruby Red" interior color. I know its from 2016 but they probably haven't changed it much. Even in the 2019 brochure its listed at "All new Black vinyl seats with Dark Ruby Red bolsters"

Last edited:

badassbaldie

Reaction score
DupliColor Metal Specks Retro Red...less than $10 a can at Autozone, PepBoys, etc. It's a perfect match. I painted my engine cover and it looks factory.

There's a guy that painted his dash speaker bezels if you need a photo reference.

Users who are viewing this thread