5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color choices

MT755

Reaction score
I've a blue TRX and love it. I have to to trade every 2 or 3 years and like to step into a Tungsten or Limited but the color choices are too boring. I'm partial to blue and I don't want a blue that's so dark it shows all dirt or dust. Please offer something... not boring.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
2025 Tungsten OR Limited offers nothing of your taste except the dark blue. Have nothing to offer you bud. Also you can simply go to the RAM website to the build section and check the colors they offer yourself

stevieb92

Reaction score
Have you considered getting it wrapped? Lots of color choices and offers paint protection.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I've a blue TRX and love it. I have to to trade every 2 or 3 years and like to step into a Tungsten or Limited but the color choices are too boring. I'm partial to blue and I don't want a blue that's so dark it shows all dirt or dust. Please offer something... not boring.
I agree with you, All the company's do this too on the higher trim levels. boring light colors or 2 dark of colors. and they offer all kinds of different colors on the cheaper trims. It makes no sense especially since they are charging extra for those boring colors also. I ordered a limited and went with the DelMonico red, not my favorite I admit as its too darn dark, but I like red, and it will match up better with my bas boat. I almost went with the silver but since I live south of lake Michigan its always cloudy here it seems, and the silver just doesn't shine in that environment in my opinion and makes it boring to look at and the chrome accents just blend in.
at least the dark red with the chrome accents will sort of pop out when you look at it. I just wish the auto companies would reverse what they are doing with paint choices, offer every color available for that model year on the higher trims and then wean them down the farther you go down the trim lines. if this would have been the case, I would have gotten the bright red.

MT755

Reaction score
Have you considered getting it wrapped? Lots of color choices and offers paint protection.
Yes I have. It's hard to spend that kind of money to only have it a couple years. I wouldn't recoup the exspense on my trade

MT755

Reaction score
2025 Tungsten OR Limited offers nothing of your taste except the dark blue. Have nothing to offer you bud. Also you can simply go to the RAM website to the build section and check the colors they offer yourself
That's how I know my color choices.

oe542bob

Reaction score
Did you see the “forged blue” kinda of a grayish blue

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Color choices suck. If I didn't like white or black we'd be screwed :ROFLMAO:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are forged blue trucks being built yet? I have not scene any, mostly all silver, white, and black.

PetePA

Reaction score
Are forged blue trucks being built yet? I have not scene any, mostly all silver, white, and black.
Nope not yet. They're painting everything but steel storm and forged blue it seems. Check out the 2025 manufacturing observations thread for up to date info on what ram has going on.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Probably well known, but in case this might help someone else -- you can see what these new colors look like. The STLA news release back on 11/7/23 noted the new colors, and they used the current names of the colors used on Jeeps. The Forged Blue Metallic is code PGC, which is River Rock on the Jeeps. The Steel Storm is code PAS, which is Baltic Grey on the Jeeps. I went to a couple of local CDJR dealers and looked at the Wagoneers to get an idea of the color. I suppose the Ram version might be a little different, but at least it gives an idea. You'd think a paint code is a paint code - when you get touch-up paint, it's by code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online