5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collision Warning-Do I have it?

clotagames

Reaction score
Just noticed today that I am also not getting a chime from the blind spot detection even though set to in settings.
Answering my own question but did some more research and found a video from a Ram engineer that blind spot audible warning only worked if vehicle is in blind spot and you attempt to change lane or put on turn signal. Tried it today on a 4 lane when car was passing on left and I put on signal to try. Warning went off and guy gave me the finger too.

sylvan oaks

Reaction score
On my Ram limited, for FCW, i'm assuming the front toggle switch must be activated, but does the ACC have to be on also in order for FCW to work? I do have the FCW set to ON in the u connect system.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Ram limited, for FCW, i'm assuming the front toggle switch must be activated, but does the ACC have to be on also in order for FCW to work? I do have the FCW set to ON in the u connect system.

No, FCW will light up without ACC being on. Drive around Houston for a bit and you'll get to see it in action!

coolsound

Reaction score
I have been driving my new limited truck for over a month now without single FCW warning. I don't think it is working. Just dropped it off at dealer today for them to check it out. They said 1 to 2 days to diagnose :-(

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been driving my new limited truck for over a month now without single FCW warning. I don't think it is working. Just dropped it off at dealer today for them to check it out. They said 1 to 2 days to diagnose :-(

Mine rarely alerts. Coming up to slower traffic on the interstate or a 4 lane road, straddle the lane behind the slow traffic as you approach and it'll alert well before you get too close for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread