5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collision Warning-Do I have it?

clotagames

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 limited. I have the tow mirrors so got screwed out of 360 cameras in exchange for non folding heated mirrors. My question-I have the adaptive cruise control and have ability to set the Advanced collision warning up in Uconnect and have it turned on but since I do not have the front camera do I actually have it. I think I have everything set right but have not seen any activity in 1500 miles. Been looking on here and found one video where they talk about collision warning and front camera but did not say you have to have it. I thought I have it but sure have not seen it work?

hot454

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited has it, it comes with the "Level 1 Equipment Group". See attached window sticker.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 Window Sticker.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 42

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 limited. I have the tow mirrors so got screwed out of 360 cameras in exchange for non folding heated mirrors. My question-I have the adaptive cruise control and have ability to set the Advanced collision warning up in Uconnect and have it turned on but since I do not have the front camera do I actually have it. I think I have everything set right but have not seen any activity in 1500 miles. Been looking on here and found one video where they talk about collision warning and front camera but did not say you have to have it. I thought I have it but sure have not seen it work?

Always check your build sheet to see specifically what you have. Also, to the best of my knowledge, FCW does not use the front 360 camera. It uses a separate camera in your windshield, behind the rear view mirror.

Derlant1983

Reaction score
The camera for lane keep assist and collision warning is above the rear view mirror. Not the one in the grill for 360 camera. What I haven’t found out yet is there still a radar unit in the front for acc and forward collision or if the camera does all the work, I doubt that with visibility issues rain, fog etc.

grinch72

Reaction score
The camera for lane keep assist and collision warning is above the rear view mirror. Not the one in the grill for 360 camera. What I haven’t found out yet is there still a radar unit in the front for acc and forward collision or if the camera does all the work, I doubt that with visibility issues rain, fog etc.
fairly sure its all done with just the camera. My JGC with the radar in the front bumper is MUCH better! Where acc fails is when coming up to a stopped vehicle at a light when the truck doesn't have a lock on it. It won't stop, it will activate the collision warning and you need to slam the brakes. In my JGC, if ACC is on the vehicle will slow down to a stop based on the radar. Totally different behavior.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
fairly sure its all done with just the camera. My JGC with the radar in the front bumper is MUCH better! Where acc fails is when coming up to a stopped vehicle at a light when the truck doesn't have a lock on it. It won't stop, it will activate the collision warning and you need to slam the brakes. In my JGC, if ACC is on the vehicle will slow down to a stop based on the radar. Totally different behavior.
i use ACC in town, and mine comes to a complete stop if the dude ahead of me is stopped at a red light. i am yet to see the collision warning and wondering myself if it works at all, but too chicken to drive too close to another vehicle with a brand new truck

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use ACC in town, and mine comes to a complete stop if the dude ahead of me is stopped at a red light. i am yet to see the collision warning and wondering myself if it works at all, but too chicken to drive too close to another vehicle with a brand new truck

I've gotten a few EVIC flashes warning of FCW but have yet to have it brake for me. With some of the alerts being fairly close, I'm not sure I want to experience FCW braking because it must happen rather late.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've gotten a few EVIC flashes warning of FCW but have yet to have it brake for me. With some of the alerts being fairly close, I'm not sure I want to experience FCW braking because it must happen rather late.

You can adjust the distance in UConnect...

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
hmm i havent seen it yet, the distance is set as far i think in the settings...

Derlant1983

Reaction score
I hope your wrong about the radar but I am definitely toooo chicken sheet to test with stopped traffic with the frugal price of this beast. Now if it were a GM........

PTRAM

Reaction score

I have that on my Jeep Cherokee TH and you don't want to see it work. Mine has warned me a couple of times in the Jeep and it yells BRAKE, BRAKE on my Jeep. I don't have it on my Ram as my pocket book wasn't deep enough to get the Advanced Safety Group--kind of wished I had dug deeper and and purchased it as I really like it on the Jeep.

grinch72

Reaction score
If I’m following a car and they stop then yes I stop BUT if they are a ways out at a light the truck treats it like a wall. Doesn’t slow down or stop until I’m in slam my brakes distance.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
If I’m following a car and they stop then yes I stop BUT if they are a ways out at a light the truck treats it like a wall. Doesn’t slow down or stop until I’m in slam my brakes distance.

Yeah, a stopped vehicle is not detected , it’s in the manual under warning

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get the collision warning frequently when a vehicle is turning from in front of me to a side street. If I let off my brake before the truck thinks I'm supposed to, and the car in front of me has not completed its turn, mine fires off a warning

clotagames

Reaction score
Just noticed today that I am also not getting a chime from the blind spot detection even though set to in settings.

acat

Reaction score
So sad that FCA doesn’t give the tuck with bench seat any chance to config this feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread