5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colight 8Gang Rgb Switch panel

Gnix

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Colight brand switch panel?

It looks convincing with Bluetooth connection for half the price of auxbeam.

Attachments

• IMG_8091.png
    IMG_8091.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 21

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Colight brand switch panel?

It looks convincing with Bluetooth connection for half the price of auxbeam.
cant be too different alot of brands are using the same design just re branding

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You just missed the deal from Auxbeam, the RGB Bluetooth had been listed for $229. I just bought one a couple days ago for a friend of mine. I've had mine for a while now and zero issues.

I'd wait around for this deal. That Colight only has 2 reviews 😅🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227_010640_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_010640_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10

Gnix

Reaction score
I saw that. I’m Canadian so this AR800 will cost me about $300ish lol

I did purchase the Colight tho. After tax and a $20 coupon, I ended up paying $160ish..

I don’t off-road so honestly I don’t know what my plans are… maybe some rocker lights and a light bar for the hell of it? :)

Jedi9

Reaction score
I got an Auxpower, same as the Auxbeam, they even use the same stock photos

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well you do get what you pay for.
just be prepared to get into problems with these later down the line if you do go down that route.

i've done over 20 for customers... failure rate for these chineseium ones are so damn high that i tell my customers i will be charging them for diagnosing and charge them again for replacing when something goes wrong.

save up and get a switch-pro 9100. much better build and quality (0 failure of the 30s I've done - my personal one had been through desert/ extreme heat, snow/ extreme cold, high speed offroad/ vibration, mud, rain, watercrossings, and all kinds of abuse for 7 years and it's still good as new), and is 100% made in USA (in Colorado, iirc). support your fellow Americans.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the American made part. But I also like the wireless part, and that’s coming from an electrician. The less wire I have to pull, the happier I am. But deep down inside, I know the right way to do it is hard wired and American made. I’ll just pick up another side job to make up the cost difference. lol.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the American made part. But I also like the wireless part, and that’s coming from an electrician. The less wire I have to pull, the happier I am. But deep down inside, I know the right way to do it is hard wired and American made. I’ll just pick up another side job to make up the cost difference. lol.
i build a lot of offroad/ overland trucks/ suvs/ jeeps for customers and wiring is one of the things I do. Those chineseium junk all have short service life if used as intended (meaning, exposed to heat, cold, water, vibration, etc stuff that typically found in offroad environment), and the chineseium lights are more likely to leak and condensate or burn out than quality stuff from the big 4: BD, DD, KC, and Rigid.

Wireless is the least reliable operation method when it comes offroad use... it can and it will go wrong and you can't really troubleshoot it. I don't mind wireless, but I prefer having a physical connection as failsafe.

Switch-pros has that. It also has an app that lets you do all the settings and control the panel too. I've ran my switch-pro since 2017, and put it through desert in the summer, snow in the winter, exposed to mud and water, washboard vibration, and desert high speed. Still working good like I just bought it. Whereas my friend who didn't listen... his chinese panel died 1 week after he put it on lol

Users who are viewing this thread