5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold start clicking

Ccm12

Reaction score
This has just developed. When the truck has been sitting and I start it I receive a clicking when it’s idling in gear or when I hit the gas. This last for about 10-15 mins then will go away. When driving the clicking is only when I am on the gas. If I left off the gas no clicking. It sounds as if the sound is coming from around the passenger floor board area close to the edge of door
Any ideas?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This has just developed. When the truck has been sitting and I start it I receive a clicking when it’s idling in gear or when I hit the gas. This last for about 10-15 mins then will go away. When driving the clicking is only when I am on the gas. If I left off the gas no clicking. It sounds as if the sound is coming from around the passenger floor board area close to the edge of door
Any ideas?
cracked exhaust manifold.

Ccm12

Reaction score
For folks who have replaced them have they just stuck with mopar or gone with a different brand?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For folks who have replaced them have they just stuck with mopar or gone with a different brand?
I just replaced my passenger side, had a broken stud, went with the OEM kit, was around 67 bucks plus shipping.
Problem is trying to get your hands on one, there is a back-order on them.

Ccm12

Reaction score
I just replaced my passenger side, had a broken stud, went with the OEM kit, was around 67 bucks plus shipping.
Problem is trying to get your hands on one, there is a back-order on them.
Were you able to get the stud out easy enough ?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Were you able to get the stud out easy enough ?
My "threshold for pain" is fairly high, so don`t think it was too difficult.
Was broken below the surface of the head so drilled into it, then used an internal extractor to back it out.
It go stuck after about 5 turns so switched to external extractor that got a good grip on it, smooth sailing after that.

manifold.jpg

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

JOzzz

Reaction score
Yeah that’s probably what it is. I did the AFE shortys with ARP bolts. Hindsight I probably would save the money and just do the OEM again. No noticeable power or sound gain with the headers. Just hoping for better longevity. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/