5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold feet in rear seat

homedad

Reaction score
I just returned to Michigan from Savannah Georgia. On the way home the temperature dropped from 60s to 20s. My wife kept complaining that her feet were freezing. She was sitting right rear. I reached back and sure enough there was cold air coming out of both the upper vents and the foot vents under the front seats. I realized that there are no actual controls for climate in the rear seat area. I turned the front foot heat to high temp and fan which made warm air come to the rear vents but after a while the front passengers were overheating but the rear passengers were comfortable. Making the front passengers comfortable (about 70 degrees) made cold air come out the rear vents again. Is this normal? BTW I towed a 7000 LB trailer with the 3.21 axle. It towed really well and I didn't really need more power. MPG was 9.2 in Michigan and dropped to about 7.9 in the mountains. If I towed more I'd replace that 26 gal. fuel tank.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan as well. I've been using my rear vents to warm my gloves (drivers side) every morning as I roll into work. The gloves always seem to be the same temp as my feet were in the front when I put them on. I think you have a restriction somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online