5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intakes ?????

bangenlaramie69

Reaction score

Interested in cold air intake mods pros and cons, what worked, what you did and what you liked? Has anybody installed this MOPAR 77072428AB RAM 1500 DT COLD AIR INTAKE 5.7L ENGINES OEM FOR 2019-2021 - MOPAR (77072428AC). Interested to see if it makes noticeable​

engine noise in the cab vs factory intake?​

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you tried the search function? This is all over the forums and has been answered many times. Bottom line is a CAI will do nothing. No HP increase, no MPG increase. The factory one is very efficient as is. Now, I have the Vaaram and like it. But, only for the looks because that's all it is.
c8aa09f62a595095445945f931f4ad4d.jpg

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
I installed the afe power momentum gt on my 19 Rebel. Definitely made a difference. Mpg has improved by 2-3 extra miles and has given a bump in torque. It accelerates better in gear without shifting down. It has make the exhaust slightly louder too.

Is it worth it. I think so but compared to others I'm not sure. It is a completely sealed unit from the engine bay so this may make a difference. The air filter (dry type) is huge compared to the stock filter. I do wonder if perhaps the less quality / less expensive options would really make a difference...

bangenlaramie69

Reaction score
Have you tried the search function? This is all over the forums and has been answered many times. Bottom line is a CAI will do nothing. No HP increase, no MPG increase. The factory one is very efficient as is. Now, I have the Vaaram and like it. But, only for the looks because that's all it is.
c8aa09f62a595095445945f931f4ad4d.jpg
I appreciate your help, I'm new here, actually first forum that I'm a member of so any guidance is appreciated. PS no need for snarky passive aggressive comments

vincentw56

Reaction score
I appreciate your help, I'm new here, actually first forum that I'm a member of so any guidance is appreciated. PS no need for snarky passive aggressive comments
Well, not sure how my comments are snarky and passive aggressive. I answered your post. I've helped a lot of people on here and I'm actually pretty nice.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this is your first forum, then you're in for a rude wakening if you think his comment is rude. Welcome to the interwebs where everyone is nice.

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Welcome aboard!

Don't read to far into any comments on any forum, this one included. Text is so emotionless, its easy to accidentally put emotional inflections onto what you're reading, but these are frequently incorrect. Guilty of it myself. He was just being blunt and honest, not rude.

And even if someone is snarky or worse, I would just advise that you ignore that post and move on to the more helpful ones. Life is too short to be wasting time on a single angry person when there are so many other people/comments on here that are helpful.

Regarding your question, I have that kit (as do many others), and there are a few threads about it. The big one is here, better have a bit of time on your hands:

There are many others, and the aforementioned search function can list them far better than anyone here. I love mine, it seemed to help with acceleration a bit. No CAI will generate the HP/torque/MPG it claims on these trucks, unless something was wrong with the OEM equipment it replaced, or you've done a lot of other work to the engine/truck (headers, exhaust, custom computer tuning, etc.).

Shark875

Reaction score
spectre cold air intake. 2021 ram Etorque, sounds amazing!

Attachments

• 20210807_131759.jpg
    20210807_131759.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 116

Filmoreranger

Reaction score

Interested in cold air intake mods pros and cons, what worked, what you did and what you liked? Has anybody installed this MOPAR 77072428AB RAM 1500 DT COLD AIR INTAKE 5.7L ENGINES OEM FOR 2019-2021 - MOPAR (77072428AC). Interested to see if it makes noticeable​

engine noise in the cab vs factory intake?​

Did you figure out if you’re getting one? I’m so on the fence today on ordering the Mopar one since she’s going in for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
How about this. Stop be so lazy and use the search button. Don't ask the same questions that have been asked over and over. It's crazy how many people whine about inflection and get their feelings hurt because they try to read feelings in the text. There was absolutely nothing passive aggressive about what I said. Don't be so sensitive.

wiuretto

Reaction score
What’s crazy is the amount of time your putting into acting cool… relax dude, it’s a forum. People look for help…stop being a ****

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s crazy is the amount of time your putting into acting cool… relax dude, it’s a forum. People look for help…stop being a ****
It's a forum alright, which comes with a search button. Try using it, it does work, you will get no help by calling people names.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Other than a little noise and looks. It won’t do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/