5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake

Stumpn8r

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Cold Air intake on their 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Express with the 3.6l V6 and what is your opinions please?

Tuning a stock gas engine doesn't gain any power, the only reason to tune a gas engine is when you make performance hardware modifications (turbo, supercharger, bigger injectors). A pedal commander or something of that nature might give a little better throttle response but that's it. Diesel engines are a different story, but basically cold air intakes or exhaust on an otherwise stock gas engine will not change how much power you are making, now if you were to add something that would make the engine need to breathe a little better (forced induction) then an intake/bigger throttle body/exhaust might help.
Thank You Sir. Certainly makes sense. Spending of unnecessary money.

Tuning a stock gas engine doesn't gain any power, the only reason to tune a gas engine is when you make performance hardware modifications (turbo, supercharger, bigger injectors). A pedal commander or something of that nature might give a little better throttle response but that's it. Diesel engines are a different story, but basically cold air intakes or exhaust on an otherwise stock gas engine will not change how much power you are making, now if you were to add something that would make the engine need to breathe a little better (forced induction) then an intake/bigger throttle body/exhaust might help.
What? You either have a **** tuner or not much experience tuning gassers. Majority of factory vehicles come with very conservative tunes. I've seen up to 30whp just from a tune on a Na V8. Factory boosted vehicles can see even bigger gains with a tune.

I'll be adding a s&b intake to my 3.0 hurricane as soon as they are released. The 3.0 is too quiet hopefully the intake will amplify the noise coming from the turbos. I've owned several turbocharged vehicles in the past and every one got either a short ram or cold air intake and it always made them sound much better .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back