5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake

Stumpn8r

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Cold Air intake on their 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Express with the 3.6l V6 and what is your opinions please?

Save your money. A CAI will do nothing except change how it sounds. If that's your end goal then go for it, but if you're looking for a performance boost you won't get it with an intake.

Save your money. A CAI will do nothing except change how it sounds. If that's your end goal then go for it, but if you're looking for a performance boost you won't get it with an intake.
Thank You Sir. How do you feel about tuner kits? I may a little older but still like to have a little fun. Lol

This always seems to be the case with a CAI. People trying to squeeze out a little more power and wasting money in the process.

Understood. Thank You Sir. Exhaust and Tuner Feelings please
Exhaust will give you a different sound, but not really better performance. Many have done the tuners and pedal mods (pedal monster and commander?). Both options seem similar to having an option for Sport mode on some vehicles. On my previous 2018 F150 with the 2.7 Turbo, you could put it in Sport mode. That did make it a bit faster (just revving higher) and my kids enjoyed it. Though not sure how much difference that will make on the 3.6.

Well first of all Thank You. It certainly does not seem to be worth putting STUPID MONEY into the truck. Going to oil it and of course being a Ram it’s high on the to steal list.
Our insurance company will not accept the Ghost Immobilizer 2. I have to put a GPS TAG. WHAT A P. O. S. move on their part!!!!!! Once again Thank You for your opinion.

Thank You Sir. How do you feel about tuner kits? I may a little older but still like to have a little fun. Lol
I have no personal experience with tuner kits. I like to keep my warranties intact too much LOL. But I've read you can definitely get more power out of pretty much any engine. Just curious though, why did you opt for the V6 if you're wanting more power? Why not just opt for the Hemi?

Well first of all Thank You. It certainly does not seem to be worth putting STUPID MONEY into the truck. Going to oil it and of course being a Ram it’s high on the to steal list.
Our insurance company will not accept the Ghost Immobilizer 2. I have to put a GPS TAG. WHAT A P. O. S. move on their part!!!!!! Once again Thank You for your opinion.

I have no personal experience with tuner kits. I like to keep my warranties intact too much LOL. But I've read you can definitely get more power out of pretty much any engine. Just curious though, why did you opt for the V6 if you're wanting more power? Why not just opt for the Hemi?

It’s a used vehicle with 22,000 kilometres and only has tge 3.6l v6 in it. I’m not looking for mega horses obviously but a little more get up and go as well as the ability to change some parameters.

Tuning a stock gas engine doesn't gain any power, the only reason to tune a gas engine is when you make performance hardware modifications (turbo, supercharger, bigger injectors). A pedal commander or something of that nature might give a little better throttle response but that's it. Diesel engines are a different story, but basically cold air intakes or exhaust on an otherwise stock gas engine will not change how much power you are making, now if you were to add something that would make the engine need to breathe a little better (forced induction) then an intake/bigger throttle body/exhaust might help.

Tuning a stock gas engine doesn't gain any power, the only reason to tune a gas engine is when you make performance hardware modifications (turbo, supercharger, bigger injectors). A pedal commander or something of that nature might give a little better throttle response but that's it. Diesel engines are a different story, but basically cold air intakes or exhaust on an otherwise stock gas engine will not change how much power you are making, now if you were to add something that would make the engine need to breathe a little better (forced induction) then an intake/bigger throttle body/exhaust might help.
A tune will definitely make a difference in power. But if that's what you think, stick to diesels and leave the questions about gas engines to those who know what they are taking about.

Has anyone installed the Cold Air intake on their 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Express with the 3.6l V6 and what is your opinions please?
For starters, being a classic, your truck is a 4th gen Ram, so would recommend joining a forum for 4th gen trucks.

As far as CAI, as everyone has already answered, zero gains, especially on the Pentastar. Doing it for looks, but not going to run any different. Same with exhaust.

Tuners, you will have to send your PCM out to be unlocked, or buy an unlocked PCM, then you can can get custom tunes. There is power to be had, but you are looking at $600-$1000(US) for that, and you might get 20-30hp increase.

A throttle booster might give you what you want. It will "feel" sportier and like it has more power. Making driving more enjoyable, but doesnt actually increae performance.

I have the banks pedal monster on my v6. It’s definitely a huge improvement in throttle response. Makes driving a v6 much more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back