5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake Question

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Both are nice but I think the Ram AirFlow is a much nice looking install. Looks like it belongs there and the trim pieces blend in perfectly. Too bad they can’t put them on all trucks from the factory.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both are nice but I think the Ram AirFlow is a much nice looking install. Looks like it belongs there and the trim pieces blend in perfectly. Too bad they can’t put them on all trucks from the factory.
Guess it depends on what you are going for. I like the old school Mopar look of the Vararam with orange lid. I do like the RamAir intake as well but it's more of a modern plastic engine cover look

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm running the Mopar Ram Airflow. It's spendy but really it's the best option. Also the dealer can't give you any guff about it...
Not true. There has been one thread not too long ago about someone being told the Mopar Ram Air is treated the same as any other aftermarket intake at their dealer.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Guess it depends on what you are going for. I like the old school Mopar look of the Vararam with orange lid. I do like the RamAir intake as well but it's more of a modern plastic engine cover look
My son was looking at my truck with me the other day and I popped off the cover for the Ram intake so he could see the filter. He pointed out that the filter itself is kind of cool looking, and asked me if I was going to paint it. I hadn't thought about it before, but if I decide to throw some splashes of color on the truck like I did with the last one, I might color match that filter just for fun

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My son was looking at my truck with me the other day and I popped off the cover for the Ram intake so he could see the filter. He pointed out that the filter itself is kind of cool looking, and asked me if I was going to paint it. I hadn't thought about it before, but if I decide to throw some splashes of color on the truck like I did with the last one, I might color match that filter just for fun
You never see the filter with the Mopar RamAir. Why paint it?

HemiDude

Reaction score
You never see the filter with the Mopar RamAir. Why paint it?
Might feel like popping the cover off at a cruise in, if there was something there worth seeing. Cool with the cover, cool without ;)

puba08

Reaction score
Just installed the RC CAI. And yes Just for the sound. At $75 it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Not true. There has been one thread not too long ago about someone being told the Mopar Ram Air is treated the same as any other aftermarket intake at their dealer.
I guess there will always be idiot dealers. The Ram Airflow comes stock on the new GT package Rams.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess there will always be idiot dealers. The Ram Airflow comes stock on the new GT package Rams.
Yes, a factory part. Not installed afterwards. Not that a CAI is going to really do anything that might require a warranty repair on the rest of the truck.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yes. The RC “cai” isn’t a completely sealed box.

The Oem intake is and draws air directly from the front of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread