5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake Question

Spokes

Reaction score
What's up guys, have my '22 5.7 (non e/t), which I love. Cant seem to find much info on CAI on here, not sure if I'm missing it or what (yes, I tired search).

Basically, what CAI are you guys running, any pros/cons with certain brand/model? Notice any power, throttle response, exhaust note, etc from the CAI? I know K&N is usually a solid choice, but they are also usually the most expensive LOL In my past vehicles I used K&N drop in filters, but figured I'd really 'merica it up with a CAI on this hemi 😂

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just search for intakes for a 2021

And only thing you will actually notice is your wallet being lighter.

Unless you want one simply for looks. Save your money. Or wait till a used one pops up here like I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No real performance increase to be had. Slight change in sound due to removing the stock intake which is designed to reduce engine noise.

I got my Vararam mostly for looks, but it also gave me a slight increase in performance. Verified with 0-60 times before and after install. IMO it's the best looking intake available because it give you the old school Mopar look. But if you aren't going to car shows, or opening your hood often, then looks probably aren't anything you are concerned with. The Mopar AirRam intake also looks good, but is more modern plastic factory look. But once again, if you never open your hood to show off, then the way it looks probably don't matter.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You aren't going to get any real performance improvements. The intake on our trucks is already a CAI and performs very well.

That being said, I'd buy the Vararam if I had the change for it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Our trucks technically already have a CAI. An aftermarket one won’t do anything for performance unless you are heavily modded and the intake is a restriction. Otherwise, just for looks.

Spokes

Reaction score
Thanks for the update guys, sounds like ill jus get another K&N drop in and keep things simple.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the update guys, sounds like ill jus get another K&N drop in and keep things simple.
Do a search, K&N filters aren't as great as everyone says they are. While I agree that an intake won't do anything, I got the vararam because it gives a nice old school look and its a third of the prices of the RAM option.

Spokes

Reaction score
Do a search, K&N filters aren't as great as everyone says they are. While I agree that an intake won't do anything, I got the vararam because it gives a nice old school look and its a third of the prices of the RAM option.

They are cool looking, but for $350-400 and no power gain, that's gonna be a no for me dawg LOL

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I have the AFE intake. I definately noticed a better throttle response at the very least

1650461502294.png

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the AFE intake. I definately noticed a better throttle response at the very least

View attachment 127040

Throttle response and your intake have no correlation on a stock truck.

The throttle blade will only open so fast. Unless you installed a tune/pedal commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
Check out the S&B CAI...I like it because there's a clear cover over the filter. I have noticed a slight increase in MPG which is needed with these higher gas prices. I also do mostly highway driving. I do notice a nice rumble when I punch it.

Users who are viewing this thread