5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake for Hemi V8 w/ etorque

mtt582

Reaction score
So I spent hours researching cold air intake to upgrade from my stock option only to find that all the choices I narrowed down don’t work with the etourque engine. Instead of wasting more time I figured I come to you guys. Help me out Ram nation. I’m really just looking for increased air flow and better sound quality. My sisters hybrid Lexus sounds better than my V8 and I won’t stand for it lol.

jit11375

Reaction score
If you want better sound, go the exhaust route instead of a CAI. Plenty of options out there, different levels and types of sound, as well as price points. Check out some videos on YouTube, maybe check out someone local with the exhaust you think you like. I wouldn’t rush into it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vararam work with etorque, but as mentioned, you aren't gaining much sound with an I take swap.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will not find increased performance with a Cai. It cannot allow more air in than the computer tells the intake to take in. A simple $15 filter is all that is needed. Save your money for stickers and grill lights that add 50hp.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Get a Borla Atak and save the money you would of spend on the air intake.
I got a Vararam on my eTorque knowing it was going to do nothing

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
To be fair, the best reason to add a CAI is to free up the space under the hood for a new mod ;)
I would just get rid of the air filter, housing, and tubing. You will gain like 20hp and have plenty of extra room!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You will not find increased performance with a Cai. It cannot allow more air in than the computer tells the intake to take in. A simple $15 filter is all that is needed. Save your money for stickers and grill lights that add 50hp.
The computer doesn't tell the intake to take in any air. Your right foot on the gas pedal does that, along with the airflow potential of the intake manifold, heads, valves, exhaust manifold, and exhaust. The computer only adjusts fuel and spark(timing) based on the calculated airflow.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The computer doesn't tell the intake to take in any air. Your right foot on the gas pedal does that, along with the airflow potential of the intake manifold, heads, valves, exhaust manifold, and exhaust. The computer only adjusts fuel and spark(timing) based on the calculated airflow.
Equals computer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Equals computer.

The computer is not stopping the air from coming in, it's adjusting what it can do with that said airflow.
Idk what else to tell ya that HSKR didn't try already.

Unless i'm missing something computers can't control air unless you are in a closed environment like a clean room.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The computer is not stopping the air from coming in, it's adjusting what it can do with that said airflow.
Idk what else to tell ya that HSKR didn't try already.

Unless i'm missing something computers can't control air unless you are in a closed environment like a clean room.
Well there you have it folks. The air goes into the intake all by itself and the filter pushes it. There isn't any electronic system that takes the fuel/air mixture and forces it into the intake by computer control. It's 1965 and it's all done through the carburator. I'll be damned.
How the Engine Control Module Works

Users who are viewing this thread