5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air in center console

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Getting cold here in Michigan. Heat is turned on, windows are closed. I have a cold breeze in the center console. It is there moving or not. It is there with the climate control on or off. Anybody else experience this?

Huck

Reaction score
Mine does too I wish there was some way of getting heat in there

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Center consoles get air from the vent position and route it to the rear vents. If you have your heat set on the floor vents, then no heat is routing through the console. Switch to bi-level or vent and then heat should get routed that way.

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
If its cold outside.. im sure the air in the console is going to be cold. Theres no heat blowing into the console.

mnskibb

Reaction score
Has any one found a real fix for this. My 22 Limited console is so cold that it will
Make your phone sluggish when it’s on the charging port. Heater in truck is fine but defrost has to be on defrost only and high fan to keep left top 1/4 of windshield and left side window clear at below -10 Fahrenheit. The console is so cold you can feel the cold radiating to your legs after an hour of driving. Help?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have found that keeping the center console slider open allows it to warm up along with the rest of the interior. That, and making sure the rear vents are flowing. Other than that, I got nuthin' 🤷‍♂️

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe something didn't get sealed properly on the assembly line?

My family and I just came back from a ski trip in NH, spent a lot of time in the truck with temps at -14F in the morning to just 14F during the day. Did not experience your issue at all... the opposite in fact.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe something didn't get sealed properly on the assembly line?

My family and I just came back from a ski trip in NH, spent a lot of time in the truck with temps at -14F in the morning to just 14F during the day. Did not experience your issue at all... the opposite in fact.
Yep. Maybe a bolt or grommet that got left out and cold air is coming in through one of them. It wouldn't take much.

mnskibb

Reaction score
Dealer had the console out an drove the truck said the floor was screaming cold but no air leak. I got the truck back. It was the same. I took the rubber mat out of the bottom of the console and got a piece of 1/4 inch fan fold. What is that? It is the insulation the they put behind siding. I got foil backed. I used the rubber mat for a pattern, duct taped the seams and put the matt back in. Still cold in the morning but on a long trilp it will warm in the console. I really can' t say if this a viable fix but it seemed to help.

Users who are viewing this thread