5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coil Overs Good/Bad

ckl5899

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie and am looking at the BDS coilover 6" lift. I had a 2011 Tahoe with a BDS 6" lift without coilovers. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having Coil Overs? Thanks,

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Disadvantage, you need to treat them with anti corrosion spray periodically, I used acf50, and they need rebuilt vs just replaced around 50k. Which is cheap, you just have to swap in spacers or be without a vehicle for a week.

Advantages, they ride soooo much better. Once you own a truck on hood coil overs, it’s hard to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckl5899

Reaction score
Disadvantage, you need to treat them with anti corrosion spray periodically, I used acf50, and they need rebuilt vs just replaced around 50k. Which is cheap, you just have to swap in spacers or be without a vehicle for a week.

Advantages, they ride soooo much better. Once you own a truck on hood coil overs, it’s hard to go back.

So they would need to be taken care of more often in Minnesota?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sprayed mine down twice a year here in northern pa.

You don’t “have to” but they are expensive and it’s a shame to see them get corroded

Users who are viewing this thread