5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunking sound and feeling when stopping/starting

dearmosd

Reaction score
Before I take my vehicle in I wanted to ask if anyone else had this feeling. "
I have the hemi with e-torque and 9/10 I disable the auto start feature when driving but noticed when I come to a complete stop its like the vehicle weight at the last second shifts and the you feel/hear a clunk around the transmission/front diff area, then when you take off everything sounds normal.

Vise vera if the clunk doesn't happen when coming to a complete stop, the sound/feeling happens when you start to move from a dead stop.

It almost sounds/feels like the gears have some play in them and when I stop/start the gears connect and work as should. Now when I do use the auto start feature of course the engine shuts down and you can feel the car shutting down and like wise then the car starts up you feel the start up and engine apply power to the transmission so the clunking sound/feelings isnt obvious to me if it does happen the same as when I disable the Auto Start feature.

Didnt know if this was a normal thing with the gears or maybe the E-torque feature enabled/disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread