5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk with 5100's on Rebel

Z mann R2

Reaction score
So I've had a 5100's installed up front on clip #5 for about a year now and maybe I just never noticed this till now but when my front end fully extends whether it be from a sudden drop off or maybe i hit a big pothole or something, I notice a pretty distinct knock......almost like metal on metal.....and I just wanna clarify, this is from when the suspension FULLY EXTENDS not compresses.....and its on either side passenger or driver. Y'all think maybe we have extended our front suspension too much and there's just no more room for travel? Can we retrofit a rubber bump stop or something but for extended suspension instead of compressed??

It's really got me considering replacing my UCA's

DenCoRam

Reaction score
Check the bolts where the shock mounts into the top hat and also your bolts on your links to the sway bar. I had a clunk after installing 6112s up front and retightened those. Went away after that.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely get upper control arms after leveling a truck. Its not going to be a huge performance difference but it will be a safer ride. Maybe your ball joint is maxing out and that's what's stopping your suspension travel. Try jacking up the truck and inspect the arm. That's the only thing I can think of if this only happens when the suspension is at full droop.

A_yakas

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being the LCA. Stealership covered it under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread