5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk in Front end 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No they quote me struts without asking.
Ask what struts they would be using, that way you can have a better idea, no way I would pay $2200 for struts and not knowing what brand.
you can get oem, or for example bilsteins 5100 for $300 and $250-300 for labor installation and that about what the other shop quoted you.
That is is if the struts is the cause

Reaction score
They quoted me Rancho struts. I took it to the dealership today they said it is by sway bar causing the noise and it will be covered under warranty to be fixed.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Just purchased at 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi with under 70k miles from my local Ram dealer used. Noticed that there is a clunking noise when I drive down a dirt road that is uneven. I took it in to bell tire to have it looked over and they said I need new struts. I am not sure that is the issue because they quoted me $2200 to replace the struts. I took it to another repair shop and they said they would have to check it over before replacing the struts to make sure that is the issue they quoted me $600 for the front end but haven't been able to get time for them to inspect it yet. Any thoughts on what I could be hearing other than struts? It does do it when I am off road on grass as the truck ****s side to side on uneven ground on my mother-in-laws property which is mostly grass but has uneven areas.
I’m your solution to this, replace the crappy sway bar end links with suspension maxx links they are pricey like $200 I think. Guaranteed fix. So replaced the stocks like 2-3 times with the same stock ones and they are garbage. I have a YouTube video about it. Look it up

Users who are viewing this thread