5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloudland Truck Trail 2N40

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the Cloudland Truck Trail 2N40 in San Bernardino, California recently?

Thinking of taking it from Devil Canyon up to lake Gregory sometime soon. Wondering what the trail condition is right now.

On X Off Road app reports it looks reasonable.

Thanks,
Wil

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see where people have been running it since June. It's a truck trail so it shouldn't be difficult anyway.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
I see where people have been running it since June. It's a truck trail so it shouldn't be difficult anyway.
Thanks @H2OMAN , I'm looking for just an easy trail with the family. I think this'll work.

Last edited:

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3N14 is also an easy one. It's a lot longer. Takes you from the desert floor through the ponderosa's into Fawnskin/BB for lunch/dinner. Enjoy.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
3N14 is also an easy one. It's a lot longer. Takes you from the desert floor through the ponderosa's into Fawnskin/BB for lunch/dinner. Enjoy.
Thanks @H2OMAN, that's sounds like a fun day. I'll make sure to put it on my list of trails to try.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
seems like there are some rutted out sections and overgrown sections due to the wet winter we had, otherwise it's open.

can also do this one while you're at it

or if you feel like starting for 29 Palms you can try this one too:

this one's pretty chill too. you will drop into Bear Creek where we usually stop for lunch there. If you want to play in the water you can too just be careful

Playmaker10

Reaction score
seems like there are some rutted out sections and overgrown sections due to the wet winter we had, otherwise it's open.

can also do this one while you're at it

or if you feel like starting for 29 Palms you can try this one too:

this one's pretty chill too. you will drop into Bear Creek where we usually stop for lunch there. If you want to play in the water you can too just be careful
Thanks @boogielander, much appreciated, bunch of great info!

Not to excited about the reports of pinstriping on Cloudland Truck Trail. Might go to Cloudland Cutoff instead.

City Creek looks like an awesome trail as well. Definitely going to add that my list of trails to do!

Man, my list is getting long.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Not to excited about the reports of pinstriping on Cloudland Truck Trail. Might go to Cloudland Cutoff instead.

City Creek looks like an awesome trail as well. Definitely going to add that my list of trails to do!

Sounds like you need to start checking off boxes.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

just know that for city creek right before you drop into bear creek there's a left turn with a big height difference. Don't go too close to that and don't take it too fast or too slow. That one scared the crap out of me one time lol i imagine it's worse after the wet winter.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Did 2N30 Cloudland Cutoff Trail this morning.

Was overcast at the trailhead, but cleared up beautifully at Marshall peak. Gorgeous views of the clouds.

Mild pinstriping for a full size RAM, but perhaps not likely for a smaller truck. Some ruts bigger than a foot, but nothing unmanageable. Great little trail.

Attachments

• IMG_20230916_092807713.jpg
    IMG_20230916_092807713.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230916_083645643.jpg
    IMG_20230916_083645643.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 17

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Was overcast at the trailhead, but cleared up beautifully at Marshall peak. Gorgeous views of the clouds.

Mild pinstriping for a full size RAM, but perhaps not likely for a smaller truck. Some ruts bigger than a foot, but nothing unmanageable. Great little trail.
Good job.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

glad you had fun!
and yeah most of the time when it's cloudy/ overcast south of cajon pass or the mountain range it's usually nice and clear after you pass cajon. labor day weekend was like that lol raining in the valley and foggy as crap at cajon but once dropped down to apple valley it was sunny and hot

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

About the only good thing about Cali is all the outdoor stuff in the mountains. Wish we had trails like that in Nebraska

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We'll trade you Sacramento for Lincoln. Then we'd have the greatest state ever.
You would need to get rid of everything that comes from Sacramento as well. Including the whole state government.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was my meaning.
Kind of figured. Although even though the state is red, Lincoln and Omaha are both blue. Luckily the rural areas can still out number the two bigger cities.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of figured. Although even though the state is red, Lincoln and Omaha are both blue. Luckily the rural areas can still out number the two bigger cities.
That's our problem. If you go inland from the coast 15 miles the whole state is red. But those gigantic cities along the coast attract all of the worlds parasites and they outnumber us by quite a bit. Shasta County wants to secede and call itself Jefferson. I'm totally in.

Users who are viewing this thread