5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloth Seat Stain Resistance?

Yogi217

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I finally took possession of my 2020 1500 BH. It has cloth seats, deluxe that is, and they are very good in terms of comfort so far.

I've always had leather until this point, which is pretty easy to clean...

I'm nervous about spills and stains on these only because they are cloth and that was the mentality growing up: cloth seats stain. We are in 2020 though and fabric technology has come a long way. I noticed in old forums that in the 3rd gen rams, they moved to a stain resistant fabrice from a company called YES.

I'm wondering how stain resistant these current seats are? Anyone have experience?

I don't want to get seat covers because despite companies saying they are airbag compatible, the manual doesn't advise it....

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In a way you might better off with cloth seat material. My previous Big Horn 4th gens show very little soiling and cleaned up to perfect condition. My current Laramie has cloth/leather seats and the leather portion shows the blue from my blue jeans. I have not been able to remove the blue residue completely.
\
Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 035551 miles.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I finally took possession of my 2020 1500 BH. It has cloth seats, deluxe that is, and they are very good in terms of comfort so far.

I've always had leather until this point, which is pretty easy to clean...

I'm nervous about spills and stains on these only because they are cloth and that was the mentality growing up: cloth seats stain. We are in 2020 though and fabric technology has come a long way. I noticed in old forums that in the 3rd gen rams, they moved to a stain resistant fabrice from a company called YES.

I'm wondering how stain resistant these current seats are? Anyone have experience?

I don't want to get seat covers because despite companies saying they are airbag compatible, the manual doesn't advise it....

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
You can get seat covers that will work just fine with seat airbags. I have Cover King genuine neoprenes on mine and they have openings for the air bags to come right out of in the right spots. An air bag can destroy a windshield or a dash, so I promise you a seat cover's not going to stop it especially if it has open slots.

As for stain resistance: I put my seat covers on fairly quickly because I use my truck for work, so I'm always covered in dirt or sawdust. But I did have a short period where I was just on the seat fabric and mine held up pretty good.

My CoverKings look like factory seat upholstery. You'd have to really know what you were looking at to tell the difference. They weren't cheap - I think I paid $350 or something like that for just the fronts - but they're completely waterproof, you can clean them with a rag, fit like a glove, and keep the seats looking brand new. They also make my seat heater tolerable; before I put them on I couldn't use it because it was too hot.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I always used Scotchguard on my cloth seats. My wife uses it on just about everything cloth & it works really well to protect and everything comes out

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A can of "Tuff Stuff" is your best friend. I've removed EVERYTHING with it. Even a can of soda from an entire headliner that had exploded inside the car and baked in the FL sun for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread