5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloth Seat Protection

tobyw

Reaction score
This is the first truck I've had since about 2004 that isn't leather... I did so because my kids are older now and I actually prefer the feel of a good cloth seat in pretty much all weather conditions. Anyhow, I'm now somewhat regretting my decision because I had all but forgotten how easily a cloth seat can stain. Simple stuff like a condensate-soaked cold water bottle on a dusty seat will leave a nice ring on the seat cushion when you stuff it between your legs as you bounce down the dirt road... Anyhow, what are everyone's favorite pick for a fabric protector? The old standby Scotchgard usually works pretty well, but I've read horror stories of discolored plastic from the overspray and stuff like that? Any input on Chemical Guys, 303, etc?

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Curious about this as well. I almost picked up some scotch guard the other day but wanted to do more research on it and see what others were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread