5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock disappears in status bar of 12" uconnect w/ AA

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I notice on the 12 inch screen the clock disappears from the status bar when you activate Android auto. All the other info such as inside and outside temp continue to display. Anybody know of a way to get it to come back other than unplugging android auto. I checked in settings and it is turned onto to display in the status bar.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

jcvertin

Reaction score
I use Apple CarPlay, so similar but not exactly the same. The clock disappears from the top of the screen, but only when my CarPlay screen shows the time itself. So, essentially the clock “moves” to a new location on the screen when I’m using CarPlay. I haven’t found a way to disable this from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use Apple CarPlay, so similar but not exactly the same. The clock disappears from the top of the screen, but only when my CarPlay screen shows the time itself. So, essentially the clock “moves” to a new location on the screen when I’m using CarPlay. I haven’t found a way to disable this from happening.
It took me a little practice to find the time when using CarPlay, especially after Apple relocated it in iOS 13!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took me a little practice to find the time when using CarPlay, especially after Apple relocated it in iOS 13!
Thanks for the response. I just went back and looked at my Android auto screen and indeed the clock is in the upper left corner and also on the waze screen. Never noticed it because it's pretty small and blends pretty well with the background(could have used more contrasting colors) but at least I know it's there now. Thanks. Now I don't need to use one of the programmable corners of my dash cluster for the clock.

Kidder

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I just went back and looked at my Android auto screen and indeed the clock is in the upper left corner and also on the waze screen. Never noticed it because it's pretty small and blends pretty well with the background(could have used more contrasting colors) but at least I know it's there now. Thanks. Now I don't need to use one of the programmable corners of my dash cluster for the clock.
You can put the clock at the top of your center display, that's what I do.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I suspect the reasoning was 1) you don't need two clocks displaying so close to each other, and 2) imagine the support calls that would ensue if they didn't match in the time displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online