5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate system fan speed

ramhead

Reaction score
Just wondering.....when you guys turn the fan speed knob to the very first click, does the air/fan blow out of the vents at a high volume/speed?? I just really noticed when needed to start using the heat and when I turned blower control to 1st click setting the air is coming out at what I would describe a high volume for that setting - almost too much (guess when it was hot & the AC I didn't care so much, lol). In previous vehicles the 1st setting was at a lower, almost whisper of air and obviously graduated to a higher volume as you turned the respective fan control "up". In my 19 Ram the fan seems to blow way too high at the lowest setting.

Of course I realize can adjust the temp dial down, etc....I was just asking to see if this is common to everyone else's trucks or whether maybe I have a defective/mis-adjusted fan speed controller.

Last edited:

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
The first fan speed setting on my 2019 definitely pushes more air than any other vehicle i have or have had (Nissan Titan was my old truck, but I’m also including a bunch of other makes/models in my “study” :))

I’ve felt on several occasions that the ‘low’ setting should be lower. I usually end up changing it to floor and dash instead of just dash, which slows its roll enough for me.

ramhead

Reaction score
The first fan speed setting on my 2019 definitely pushes more air than any other vehicle i have or have had (Nissan Titan was my old truck, but I’m also including a bunch of other makes/models in my “study” :))

I’ve felt on several occasions that the ‘low’ setting should be lower. I usually end up changing it to floor and dash instead of just dash, which slows its roll enough for me.

Yeah...I've started doing the same. I checked with a buddy's truck and his is the same. I guess they went with this as designed. Not a big deal as you say...just have to work with it. Plus it is very welcome when using the AC and even better, it defrosts the windshield faster than any veh. I've ever owned. Gotta take the good with the minimally bad.

Users who are viewing this thread