5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

climate setting memory including ventilated seats

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie with the ventilated seats and can't seem to figure out if there is a way to get the truck to remember my climate settings to apply when starting without remote start. The manual claims it will automatically use heated or ventilated features based on outside temp with remote start but does anyone know if I can set it to always turn on the seats on regular start with the button? Thanks!

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The climate will default to the last used settings. However the heated/cooled seats will only come on automatically with remote start as long as it meets the temp criteria.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The climate will default to the last used settings. However the heated/cooled seats will only come on automatically with remote start as long as it meets the temp criteria.
Thanks for that confirmation - I have noticed the climate returns to previous setting but my vetilated seats always default to low and won't come on on high with a normal push button start

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Anyway to get the ventilated seats to automatically turn on on a higher setting? Mine always defaults to low. Even on day with a 105° heat index. On a 2020 limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know of a way to adjust this. I'd like the ventilated seats to be on high automatically instead of low as well. It wasn't as big of a deal in my previous truck because it had its own actual button. Now that I have the 12.1" display I have to go into the seat settings to change that setting.

I have noticed that when I remote start the truck the vent. seats are on high until I press the start button on the dash, when they are then switched to the low setting.

austwill

Reaction score
There is a setting that allows the ventilated seats to be turned on during every start, remote and push start. However, the power setting off the seats is determined by outside temp. I live in Texas and have noticed on particularly hot days of my truck has been in a parking lot the seat woo be on full blast when I turn it on. I just added my ventilated seat controls to the bottom row on the 12” screen so it’s just two taps and my back side is ice cold

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyway to get the ventilated seats to automatically turn on on a higher setting? Mine always defaults to low. Even on day with a 105° heat index. On a 2020 limited.

Nope. And this is one boneheaded decision by FCA which could be remedied by a software update if they wanted to.
Still shaking my head every time I think about it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
There is a setting that allows the ventilated seats to be turned on during every start, remote and push start. However, the power setting off the seats is determined by outside temp. I live in Texas and have noticed on particularly hot days of my truck has been in a parking lot the seat woo be on full blast when I turn it on. I just added my ventilated seat controls to the bottom row on the 12” screen so it’s just two taps and my back side is ice cold
Hmmm. That doesn’t sound right, unless they’ve changed it on the ‘21s. IDK what you have since you don’t have a signature.

As far as I know, they only come on at lowest setting regardless of how it is. The trigger is 80 for vented, and 40 for heated.

Cheers,

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't ever seen my seats remain on high after starting on my '21, but maybe the temperature hasn't been high enough. We're expecting temps close to 110 this week so we'll see what it does then.

I added the seat control button to the bottom row too, but it's still more than just pushing a single button. I'm used to it now, but it still bugs me a little lol.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. That doesn’t sound right, unless they’ve changed it on the ‘21s. IDK what you have since you don’t have a signature.

As far as I know, they only come on at lowest setting regardless of how it is. The trigger is 80 for vented, and 40 for heated.

Cheers,

Mine come on at 78° and above. It defaults to the highest speed if utilizing remote start, then goes to the lowest speed once you get in and hit the start/stop button. If you just get in and start it, it will default to the lowest speed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine come on at 78° and above. It defaults to the highest speed if utilizing remote start, then goes to the lowest speed once you get in and hit the start/stop button. If you just get in and start it, it will default to the lowest speed.

Correct. If remote starting, then yes, it will come on at the highest speed.

austwill

Reaction score

Cheers,
I might have just been seeing things then because I swear it happened twice to me on particularly hot days. I guess it could've just felt more effective with all the extra sweat haha.

I've only had my truck for about two weeks and was in Mexico for one of those weeks so I hadn't got around to making a signature yet 😅 I'm back and have my laptop again so maybe I'll get around to it soon haha.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I might have just been seeing things then because I swear it happened twice to me on particularly hot days. I guess it could've just felt more effective with all the extra sweat haha.

I've only had my truck for about two weeks and was in Mexico for one of those weeks so I hadn't got around to making a signature yet 😅 I'm back and have my laptop again so maybe I'll get around to it soon haha.
No worries. Just curious.
Like it was mentioned on another post, it will start at highest setting, but only when remote starting.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread