5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Recirculate Mode Abnormalities

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the recirculate function/light, either on the physical button or on the button on screen, often doesn’t correctly indicate whether the system is actually recirculating air? I’m not talking about when it’s in ‘Auto’ mode — just like A/C, I know it doesn’t indicate recirculate in Auto and will jump in and out of recirc as necessary without indication while in Auto. I’m talking about when going from ‘Auto’ to manual mode and the system indicates that it’s not recirculating but it actually is. I’ve tested this several times while driving on the highway by cracking the window just slightly and pushing the recirc button and the light comes on but nothing happens and then pushing it again to turn recirc off and then I can hear the recirc door position change and hear a whistle as air escapes through the window. Also, the same applies to being in manual climate mode with the system not in recirculate and then I shut the truck off and later get back in and start the truck. It has changed from when I shut it off and does not indicate the change when I start the truck again. The system shows it’s not in recirc (the last setting when I shut off the truck), but now really is, and then has to be cycled to recirc on and back off again to actually not be recirculating. I know defrost mode doesn’t allow recirc, but I wasn’t using defrost at all. Hope that all makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread