5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate in Auto

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I discovered a nice feature of remote start last night with the temperature at 37°. The driver's seat and steering wheel heat turned on and front and rear defrost.

I don't run my climate control in auto, so I'm not sure what it will do but the manual says it will adjust to an optimal temperature and mode until the ignition is turned on. Then it goes back to the previous settings.

Yep those are nice touches, however, the long standing issue with this (going back to the 4th gens) for anyone with a female gf/partner/wife is that the passenger seat does not turn on automatically like the drivers seat/wheel does. One of the first things my girl asked me when we were ordering my 21 was if they fixed that with the new generation.

My complaint as a male, I want a cooled wheel for the summer. I remote start just as much during the summer as I do winter, and it's really great getting into a nice cool truck but the cooled wheel would really be the cherry on top.

Ah first world problems.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
When you remote start your truck. Does it turn the heat on when cold and the ac on when hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 52 degrees outside. I used remote start on the truck and the panel displayed "Climate System Off". It did nothing.

I just searched through the owners manual and found the temp ranges that apply this, and it looks like the ambient temp has to be below 40 degrees for the Auto setting to crank up to max heat. Between 40 and 78 degrees it simply defaults to the last settings that were selected by the driver. In tonights case, the last settings I had were "off", so that's where it stayed.

I'll check all this again once the temps are in the 30's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread