5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Controls failed after turn signal repair

Yabodie

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this issue? Before my Limited hit 36,000 miles I took it in for 2 items so they’d be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. 1. the high pitch squeak behind the glove box. They could not replicate it even after I asked them to check the valve behind the glove box. 2. The turn signal did not reset after turning left. That they could replicate and ordered the parts. Now the truck is over 36,000 miles and the turn signal fix was done today, however in the process the tech disconnected the battery to work on the repair, but that royalty messed up the computer. The hard buttons for warm/cold don’t work. Sliding the temp controls in the climate setting reset to either hi or lo. Adjusting the temp then selecting the home button resets everything to either hi or lo. However the temp coming out of the vents is full hot. 4 hours later I get a rental car and that they will look into the problem with the computer. This system worked perfectly at 7am when I arrived for my service window. Now the truck is spending the night at the shop, maybe more. And they said they’ll cover the first day of the rental.

Has anyone experienced this situation and if so, what happened?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this issue? Before my Limited hit 36,000 miles I took it in for 2 items so they’d be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. 1. the high pitch squeak behind the glove box. They could not replicate it even after I asked them to check the valve behind the glove box. 2. The turn signal did not reset after turning left. That they could replicate and ordered the parts. Now the truck is over 36,000 miles and the turn signal fix was done today, however in the process the tech disconnected the battery to work on the repair, but that royalty messed up the computer. The hard buttons for warm/cold don’t work. Sliding the temp controls in the climate setting reset to either hi or lo. Adjusting the temp then selecting the home button resets everything to either hi or lo. However the temp coming out of the vents is full hot. 4 hours later I get a rental car and that they will look into the problem with the computer. This system worked perfectly at 7am when I arrived for my service window. Now the truck is spending the night at the shop, maybe more. And they said they’ll cover the first day of the rental.

Has anyone experienced this situation and if so, what happened?
This has been discussed over and over in here before. If you search, you'll find it. Anyway, it takes awhile for everything to come back after the battery is disconnected. It could take up to 6 hours.

Yabodie

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m glad to know things will come back. I guess my search did not use the correct terms to pull up the topic. What’s even more of a concern, is if it really does only take 6 hours, why did the dealer/service shop not know this?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m glad to know things will come back. I guess my search did not use the correct terms to pull up the topic. What’s even more of a concern, is if it really does only take 6 hours, why did the dealer/service shop not know this?
Yep, that is a concern to me too. They should know that. Maybe they did and wanted to let we truck sit overnight so they can say they fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread