5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Control - Remote Start Issue

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
Greetings!

Issue: Whenever I remote start my 19 Ram Rebel, the climate controls automatically turn on. This does not occur when I manually start the truck.

I have looked through all the menus to disable this and only found a setting related to heated seats/wheel.

Is there a setting that will disable ANY climate controls (heat/ac/air) from coming on when remote starting?

Thanks in advance!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings!

Issue: Whenever I remote start my 19 Ram Rebel, the climate controls automatically turn on. This does not occur when I manually start the truck.

I have looked through all the menus to disable this and only found a setting related to heated seats/wheel.

Is there a setting that will disable ANY climate controls (heat/ac/air) from coming on when remote starting?

Thanks in advance!
Try turning the climate system off, or set it the way you want it, store it under your memory seat settings, then remote start and see if that works. My guess is that you saved the seat settings while the system was on, and that's what it defaults to when you remote start.

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
Try turning the climate system off, or set it the way you want it, store it under your memory seat settings, then remote start and see if that works. My guess is that you saved the seat settings while the system was on, and that's what it defaults to when you remote start.

Unfortunately, the Ram Rebel does not have seat memory settings or otherwise to save specific driver settings.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
In my Lonestar there is a setting for automatically turning the seat and steering wheel heaters...is this what you are talking about, or full climate system?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
In my Lonestar there is a setting for automatically turning the seat and steering wheel heaters...is this what you are talking about, or full climate system?

My rebel does have the seat/steering heating controls which are set to off and do not come on but when I start the truck remotely (not manually) the air (climate) always comes on.

Hope this helps :)

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
My rebel does have the seat/steering heating controls which are set to off and do not come on but when I start the truck remotely (not manually) the air (climate) always comes on.

Hope this helps :)
Sorry...I re-read your OP and saw that you had already covered that...the system wouldn't let me delete my comment

d19r93

Reaction score
I don't think you can turn that feature off. I know when I open the driver's door, I can hear the defrost on full blast, but it immediately shuts off the climate when I open the door, and goes to what I had set prior to exiting the truck.

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
I don't think you can turn that feature off. I know when I open the driver's door, I can hear the defrost on full blast, but it immediately shuts off the climate when I open the door, and goes to what I had set prior to exiting the truck.
I did confirm that it can't be turned off BUT I did take it to the dealer and they can turn it off. I did this and now it works as I hoped it would.

So, if you need this turned off, the dealer can do it very easily and have done this for several of their customers (so I was told).

jfcody3962

Reaction score
just curious...why do you want the climate control off during remote start? I would think you would want it on???

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I enjoy the feature myself. Hell, one of the many things that makes me ok with having a payment lol

Users who are viewing this thread