5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate control on auto randomly shuts down

hemiguy37

Reaction score
On my truck, I've driven consistently with the A/C on for 3 hours and it's never shut down. The first 3 times it done it, the A/C was running less than 5 minutes. Today it was running for 15 minutes. If my blower had a overheating problem, you would think it would of shut down several times during the 3 hour trip. That's causing me to think the cause (At least for my truck) is something else.
I have had my truck for a year, and only started when two things happened. One they did the A/C computer flash, and two the temperature has been over 90 degrees outside, so the A/C is working very hard. If it's only 70 or 80 I have no problems. Again not sure how they all tie together, but keeping a log.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had it happen on 3 occasions all happened in auto mode. The first one was when I had to pull out onto a 4 lane highway and needed to gas it pretty hard. When i floored it the AC shut off for about 15 seconds then came back on. The other two times was during normal driving and very hot over 90 degrees outside. It was in auto mode both times and shut off. After messing with it for a minute or so I just switched it to manual and the blower came on. Irritating at a minimum and should function as expected. Whats expected? Don't shut off unless i turn it off!

greatone99

Reaction score
mine seems to do it in reverse ,like they don't want the blower distorting u when u r backing up

Fidomac

Reaction score
When i set my climate control to auto, and the fan is blowing full cold air, it will randomly shut down the fan to off as if I hit the climate off. This has happened multiple times now. It will start up after 10 secs or so. Has anyone else experienced this?
Not exactly... on mine the fan still blows but the air gets warmer and more humid feeling and then this stops in 30-45 seconds.....there is a tsb about AC. I don't know if it addresses this or not

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not exactly... on mine the fan still blows but the air gets warmer and more humid feeling and then this stops in 30-45 seconds.....there is a tsb about AC. I don't know if it addresses this or not
That happens if you have eTorque and the truck shuts off when stopped; the A/C compressor isn’t running at that moment, but the air coming through the system is still “cool enough” for the fan to continue to run for a minute or so.

Fidomac

Reaction score
That happens if you have eTorque and the truck shuts off when stopped; the A/C compressor isn’t running at that moment, but the air coming through the system is still “cool enough” for the fan to continue to run for a minute or so.
I don't have etorque.... it feels to me like a door opens and warm moist air is introduced to the Stream from the AC

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have etorque.... it feels to me like a door opens and warm moist air is introduced to the Stream from the AC
Ah, gotcha. The behavior I described is as designed for my truck, but that doesn’t sound right for yours!

Users who are viewing this thread