5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Control Off Button

rorischak

Reaction score
This might be the dumbest question posted but is there a climate control off button? On nice days I like to have the windows open like most of you. However, in order to turn the climate control off (12" screen) I have to go into the main settings, find the climate button and open it, then finally the 'off' is there. I have tried to unselect auto and turn the fan all the way down with the hard buttons on the side but still it blows out

Am I missing something?

anthgulla

Reaction score
Only way i figured out to to put fan all way down and shuts off just past speed 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
I have the 12" screen and you push the climate button at the bottom and then select off on the climate screen.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
that's what I miss most from my Jeep; a physical off button for the climate control

djjr50

Reaction score
I only hit the fan down button once and it turns off. Took me a while to figure that out, though.

Wish there was a push-n-hold function of the auto button that disabled it. Also wish I could lower the windows and open the sunroof from the fob.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
am I missing something here? I just tap the Climate button on the screen, and then hit off. Not sure why some of you would have to go into your settings.

Kidder

Reaction score
am I missing something here? I just tap the Climate button on the screen, and then hit off. Not sure why some of you would have to go into your settings.
Well, if you don't have climate as a shortcut, then you would have to go settings.

I still say it's easier to use the fan down arrow since you don't have to mess with the screen at all.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only hit the fan down button once and it turns off. Took me a while to figure that out, though.

Wish there was a push-n-hold function of the auto button that disabled it. Also wish I could lower the windows and open the sunroof from the fob.
My 2010 had that feature which allowed me to expel some hot air from the cabin as I walked across the parking lot. Not sure why it was eliminated from the FOB function, although I thought I once read in here that someone found a way to enable it on later 4th gens.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 033319 miles.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, if you don't have climate as a shortcut, then you would have to go settings.

I still say it's easier to use the fan down arrow since you don't have to mess with the screen at all.
Ok thank you..I bought used and the short cut was already there. Forgot that new buyers would have to set that up.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
The physical fan down arrow will turn it off with one press when running in auto mode for me. I run in auto mode exclusively BTW, unless I turn it off for windows down when cool enough outside. My AC feels ice cold and has never not been cold enough on auto mode. I have never measured the actual vent temp tho but am curious now and will measure it soon.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2010 had that feature which allowed me to expel some hot air from the cabin as I walked across the parking lot. Not sure why it was eliminated from the FOB function, although I thought I once read in here that someone found a way to enable it on later 4th gens.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 033319 miles.
you can enable windows down with the fob and also remote start if the truck has it. bottom right button on the fob press twice to remote start.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy to report also AC works great. First good test was last couple days here in MA south shore area, 80's with KILLER humidity,. Truck cab nice and comfy with ac on. Threw the seat vent on for the curiosity of it, and it was almost too cold for me!!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can enable windows down with the fob and also remote start if the truck has it. bottom right button on the fob press twice to remote start.
Through factory settings or with aftermarket AlphaOBD or Tazer DT? I have not seen that ability with the factory uconnect settings for windows down with remote start.

djjr50

Reaction score
Through factory settings or with aftermarket AlphaOBD or Tazer DT? I have not seen that ability with the factory uconnect settings for windows down with remote start.
Yes...Please explain how to do it, even if one of those aftermarket OBDII programmers are needed.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes...Please explain how to do it, even if one of those aftermarket OBDII programmers are needed.
With a tazer DT is just works, 5 button presses I think.

With AphaOBD you go into body computer, car configuration change and turn it on.

Screenshot_20200605-205135_AlfaOBD.jpg

djjr50

Reaction score
With a tazer DT is just works, 5 button presses I think.

With AphaOBD you go into body computer, car configuration change and turn it on.

View attachment 58229
Looks like the app is $50 in the Google Play store. I need to reference if my OBDII dongle is compatible.

I'd need to research the Tazer DT to see what other things interest me to justify the larger price.

Users who are viewing this thread