5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Control Anarchy

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After driving my mother home the other night, my climate control suddenly turned on full hot, high fan out of the vents. No buttons, nor the Uconnect screen, would respond. Continued for minutes, then suddenly returned to normal. I've never had this happen before or since. Anyone else have this experience?

The_Sire

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem going on with mine, its been happening intermittently for almost a year now and I have not been able to find a way to preproduce it reliably. Took it into the dealer to which they tried to insult me for "not using the AC button" but the shop notes said that the blend door was "out of calibration. This fix worked for about a month until it started acting up again.

During this time, the AC Compressor does not engage even when set to Max AC.

So, all that to say; I'm following this to see if anyone has had any better luck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had this happen once to me in the 15k miles I have had my truck.
Sucked cus it was summer so I had to open the windows so I wouldn't die.
Hasn't happened again though.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah it was weird. Already had the latest update, so it wasn't directly related to that action, although I wouldn't be surprised if I found out it was caused by something the last update changed.

Users who are viewing this thread