5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking sound around steering wheel when driving / turning

MRGUD

Reaction score
Hello,

Few days ago i noticed some kind of clicking sound (even when going straight / slow speed / very quite in the truck).
It appears to be coming from steering wheel area, somewhere like this.

Its not very load, however, when music is off ,when doing some turns / even going straight from time to time i can hear some click click click.
It sounds like 'electronics click' , but, cannot be 100% sure.

Wondering if any1 ever heard something like this ... and what could be the reason.

Thanks!

maddog49

Reaction score
It might be the micro switch on the clock spring however you should only hear that while the wheel is turning. I had one replaced for a faint click however again only while the wheel was physically being moved.

MRGUD

Reaction score
Thank you for responding.

Where exactly is that located if you do not mind sharing?

I am kinda 'afraid' taking a truck to dealership to deal with this if they have to remove the steering wheel, as most of the time they do this, steering wheel is not properly aligned after re-installing it and that bothers me so much :)

maddog49

Reaction score
It's in the steering column behind the wheel. My wheel was aligned properly when I got it back.

MRGUD

Reaction score
Thank you for your message again.

To be honest with you, i just got it and was driving around 50-60km.

I never heard the noise now, so, i have no idea what was going on / what is going on.

Ill keep an eye on it for couple of weeks, time when i will probably do my first oil change and then just talk to the dealership.

thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread