5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking Brake pads?

Ramboh

Reaction score
2019 Sport i can hear a clicking noise when navigating round a bouts. or when i turn the steering wheel back and forth at a stand still. Took a listen and i hear the clicking coming from the brake pad area. Took it back twice to the dealer and they replaced pads twice and still hear the noise. Is this a common thing?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. It's the brake pad clips. If you can get access to removing the pads, put some caliper grease all over the clips and the sound will go away.

The reason I stated "if you can get access to removing the pads" is because I can't access mine. The caliper bolts are so tight that a breaker bar with an extension is still not enough to loosen mine. It goes in Friday for the dealer to remove/replace the bolts. Just in case one breaks while removing, it's under warranty. Hopefully, they'll replace the bolts and use a tap to clean the threads of the calipers.

Users who are viewing this thread