5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking and ticking

btripp31

Reaction score
I have a 21 Bighorn and have started noticing clicking and ticking when I start it. Should I be worried? I bought the RAM because my Silverado was having transmission issues.

Bullcycles

Reaction score
There are quite a few clicks and ticks on startup.. actuators solenoids etc., depending on your options there’s usually about 5. All normal On the new rams.
welcome To the forum!

btripp31

Reaction score
There are quite a few clicks and ticks on startup.. actuators solenoids etc., depending on your options there’s usually about 5. All normal On the new rams.
welcome To the forum!
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm not sure how RAM's sound. I have only owned Chevys.

Quint

Reaction score
When my 2015 developed the "Hemi tick," I got reassurance from the forums that it was nothing to worry about. Then right as the truck went out of warranty, it was diagnosed with cam & lifter failure.

There certainly are things that make noises when the truck starts. My current 2021 is nice and quiet the way that it should be. Hopefully you can tell the difference between lifter ticks and solenoids/actuators. Manifold bolts would be something that should be fixed.

Bullcycles

Reaction score
Leave it in 4 hi/low or 4x4 auto… shut it off and start back up.. clicks ticks are gone unless you you have a manifold problem.. different animals..

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/