5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear Film or ceramic coat?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went over to a highly recommended place and spoke/negotiated a bit. the guy said he would do for $2k:

- PPF on the entire front (not the hood) and side mirrors
- Paint correct and ceramic the rest of the body
- Ceramic film (?) all the glass.

Its a good chunk of cash but for the ceramic is guaranteed for 5 years, and the film(s) are supposedly guaranteed up to 10 years. According to my wife if I were to spend $300 a year for then id spend at least $1,500 over 5 years, so I should just do it and then get a power washer and wash it myself.

Is this a decent/good deal? it seems like a good deal.

Where are you (Dallas wise)? I got PPF on mine from the doors forward, hood, front fenders and flares, entire front and headlights, a pillars, strip above the windshield, door handle pockets, door edges and a strip at the top of the tailgate for $1800 then I ceramic coated. As others have said, these are two different products that serve two different purposes

ppf-jpeg.75784

20200829_131317-jpg.75782

I'd do PPF esp in Dallas, the ceramic coat you can do yourself

njt07

Reaction score
Where are you (Dallas wise)? I got PPF on mine from the doors forward, hood, front fenders and flares, entire front and headlights, a pillars, strip above the windshield, door handle pockets, door edges and a strip at the top of the tailgate for $1800 then I ceramic coated. As others have said, these are two different products that serve two different purposes

ppf-jpeg.75784

20200829_131317-jpg.75782

I'd do PPF esp in Dallas, the ceramic coat you can do yourself
Prosper, pretty close to you if I remember correctly. Which place did you go?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regarding the windshield, specifically the 2021 windshield, has anyone tinted the windshield that has the tech package? One shop is saying the components can be damaged and is quoting $1700 just for the windshield.

My windshield isn't tinted but it does have Wincos 90, UV blocker and IR rejection as is sunroof. That should cause you any issues, a competent shop wont have a problem with the windshield but some have killed computers on the firewall by not capturing water during the application

Users who are viewing this thread