5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear Coat Scratch Repair

BlueMoose

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I ended up putting some scratches in my clear coat and was hoping for some recommendations on repair products and instructions? I've never done it before, and they are not severe, but they are obvious enough that I want to fix them but don't want to screw it up.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meguiars has a light scratch repair that works really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda harsh, a$$hat …. Not everybody is as gifted as you … Give the newb a break, it’s what forums are for …. Head back to the “ Perfect F#cktards R Us” forum

I'm obviously kidding. :LOL:
And I only said that because he said that it might be a stupid question...(Which is not stupid at all)

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm obviously kidding. :LOL:
And I only said that because he said that it might be a stupid question...(Which is not stupid at all)

Good save d!ckhead ….

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Good save d!ckhead ….

Well I helped you a few days ago with a question that you could have gotten answer to in less than a minute if you've actually looked for it... I always try to help if I can and I never judge... Sometimes I'll try to be funny...

BlueMoose

Reaction score
I actually did do a Google search… and there is a sh*t ton of information out there, so I thought I might ask fellow RAM owners who may have had some actual experience with a product that they liked.

Thank you for your complete lack of assistance, Manny.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I actually did do a Google search… and there is a sh*t ton of information out there, so I thought I might ask fellow RAM owners who may have had some actual experience with a product that they liked.

Thank you for your complete lack of assistance, Manny.
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOU IN THE LAST POST.

I'd recommend the big M product too, just be careful when using it, don't apply a lot of pressure and take small steps(don't go for it for over a few seconds at a time) so you won't damage the paint.
Here's a link:

You're welcome for my complete lack of assistance.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Any light scratches that don't get past the clear coat can generally be repaired with some buffing and polishing. You can ether price out the cost of a buffer and polishing compounds or see how much a paint correction costs from a detailer. You can not bother with a buffer and go at it with a microfiber towel for small areas. Local autozone should carry stuff from griots and Meguiar's that will work just fine. Personally I would order this: https://877askxtreme.com/product/the-wonder-bundle/

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I ended up putting some scratches in my clear coat and was hoping for some recommendations on repair products and instructions? I've never done it before, and they are not severe, but they are obvious enough that I want to fix them but don't want to screw it up.
Sorry to hear. That stinks.
Detailers seem to agree that if your nail catches on the scratch, then it would be too deep and really not fixable, however, if it doesn't, I'd try ScratchX and see if that fixes it.

If it's deep enough but still not down to the paint, lightly wet sanding with 3000 grit, then polishing might do it. Can you provide a photo?

Cheers,

cervelo15

Reaction score
Heres another product I’m about to try….claims to no hide, but remove light imperfections. Been following some detailing forums and people say it works:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Heres another product I’m about to try….claims to no hide, but remove light imperfections. Been following some detailing forums and people say it works:

I can confirm that it works. And it works great! Tried it on my wife's GLE after a tree jumped on her in the middle of the street a few months ago... I'll see if I still have photos from the incident, will upload later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/