5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning outside windshield

Reaction score
This may come off as a dumb question. What’s the best way to clean the outside of your windshield? I was washing my truck the other day and realized it’s impossible to reach the middle of the windshield. I don’t want to lean over or step on the hood. Any suggestions?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I open the door and stand on the truck floor......
Yep, I do this when not home and can’t use a step.

At home, I have one of these for washing roof, tonneau, etc:

Just wait until they go on sale.

Cheers,

WasatchBack

Reaction score
montana-original-boar-s-hair-wash-brush-plus-telescopic-handle-13.gif

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use this:

It's very sturdy and has a wide top platform for me to stand on and lean over the truck without feeling like I'm going to fall. Plenty tall for me to reach across the windshield and get to every part of the roof I can't reach from standing in the bed.

It's a bit more than I need (I'm 6'2") but I had a Ford F-250 prior to this (with a solid fiberglass tonneau) so got this step ladder as I needed the extra height to reach everything on that truck.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Step ladder. I also use a magic eraser with initial wash. Takes bugs and dirt right off. Invisible glass cleaner after I dry.

I'm liking that gorilla ladder though. It just made the list!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Step ladder. I also use a magic eraser with initial wash. Takes bugs and dirt right off. Invisible glass cleaner after I dry.

I'm liking that gorilla ladder though. It just made the list!
If you want to add more to your list I used to use Invisible Glass until I discovered Sprayway. I haven't used anything else since:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always open to new things. I'll give it a try as soon as I run out of the other stuff. Thanks!

bud007

Reaction score
I have one of the gorilla platforms that neurobit uses. they work great for a lot of other things ,makes getting into the engine compartment a lot easier to clean

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have one of the gorilla platforms that neurobit uses. they work great for a lot of other things ,makes getting into the engine compartment a lot easier to clean
Yep. They‘re very practical. Mine is holding up great.

Users who are viewing this thread